The Twelve Apostles

Real Name
Dan
It's always interesting to me to shoot the same location under different lighting conditions. These shots of the iconic view of the Twelve Apostles along the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, Australia were taken one blustery afternoon and the following clear morning.

1) The afternoon that we arrived.
p1708949391-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) Pre-sunrise the following morning.
p1826758392-5.jpg

3) Half an hour later.
p1756370528-5.jpg

Real Name
Dan
Interesting. I like the clouds in 1, the smooth water in 2, and the color of the rocks in 3.
They certainly each have something different.
Very interesting and very beautiful. Completely different moods in different light and weather conditions.
Indeed it made for three completely different images.
Nice series they are all great captures. Number 2 is my favorite. It shows the different colors of the rocks. It also shows off the great colors of the sky and the water.
Thanks, Mike. I like the cool colors in no.2 contrasting with the warmer tones in the rock. I should probably revisit and selectively warm the rocks up a bit.

Love the pre-sunrise image.
The Twelve Apostles and drive are beautiful. I did it in 2019 and was lucky enough to capture a rainbow.

cheers
Wembley

I must have skipped this image for some reason Dan. Yes, light makes a lot in an image. For me all very nice considering their shooting times and conditions.

Real Name
Dan
Love the pre-sunrise image.
The Twelve Apostles and drive are beautiful. I did it in 2019 and was lucky enough to capture a rainbow.
Thanks for commenting.
I must have skipped this image for some reason Dan. Yes, light makes a lot in an image. For me all very nice considering their shooting times and conditions.
Glad you enjoyed the post, Binnur.

beautiful, love the color in that 2nd shot. My chrome cast thing displayed a photo taken there once, without identifying where it was or what they’re named. Took me over an hour of Google searching to find them.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom