The Ultimate Photographer's Belt!!!

For under $25. And the belt looks so good it can be used for work or dress as well.

In my quest to find a belt that wouldn't fall apart, stretch, sag, break, or look tattered in a few month, I did some thinking outside of the box. The brainstorm hit me years back when I was changing my serpentine belt on my truck. Yes, the first prototype belt had over 125,000 miles on it before I repurposed it and wore it to hold my pants up and hold my photo gear bags. I retired that belt after several years of use to upgrade to a wider one.

The new belt is a 10-rib serpentine made from extra virgin top grain kevlar for superior strength and longevity. Yes, this will be the last belt you will ever need and you can be buried with it. The width is 1.38" (35.052mm) and has a luxurious deep black sheen will accent any attire. When you are wearing this belt nobody can tell that this isn't made from the finest hand finished top grain Italian leather. The top quality high strength brass buckle is an eye catcher as well.

The best part about this belt is both the buckle and belt can be purchased new on eBay for less than $25 total and you will never need to buy another. All you need do is cut the belt to length and put holes in it. Plus, it is very comfortable to wear, especially when I have my 70-200/2.8VRII and other lens filled bags attached to it.

13413211614_d28321d5cf_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Couldn't find it on ebay. Do you have any sample searches or links that you can share?

What do you use to put holes in it?

I have a hole punch. You can use a drill bit but the hole isn't as clean as it is with a punch.

Couldn't find it on ebay. Do you have any sample searches or links that you can share?

Here's a link for the search results. Stick with Dayco 10-rib, they are shiny and smooth and visually pass for leather. Try to look for free shipping or best offer auctions. You shouldn't pay more than $15 each. I got lucky and snagged two for $15.

Also, look for the 10PK number. There will be a 4 digit number after 10PK, this is the length in millimeters. To play it safe any 10PK number above 1500 will be long enough for the biggest waist. Longer the better as you can always cut if you make a mistake.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X10pk dayco&_nkw=10pk dayco&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Buckles. $8.95 w/free shipping. You can only use clamp belt buckles with these belts. There's a few different styles out there if you don't like the ones I linked to.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-1-4-Inch-...S_Men_s_Belt_Buckles&var=&hash=item4acc137c84

I've got a few picked out and will order a set to give this a try. Thanks for the info. Looks like a fun and useful project.

Latest threads

Top Bottom