The unintentional wedding photographer (image heavy)........

Thats me, for the second time. It really is not something I enjoy but somehow got persuaded to help someone out. So, my idea this time was to take pictures....LOTS of them!
Here are a few, I do struggle with conventional but the seem happy with the results:
The happy man
p416288512-4.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Getting ready:
View attachment 917197
the happy moment:
p308077335-4.jpg

And to find a shady spot:
View attachment 917198
And back in to the midday sun:
p534011417-4.jpg

Demands for beer:
p336836103-4.jpg

And to party:
p528509772-4.jpg

I am very thankfull for FP flash as the sun was high and very little shade.
Thanks for looking

Tips for shooting in high-sun.

Use it to your advantage. Turn them into the sun. Let it hit their face. Shoot low to capture the blue sky. But tell them to look at each other instead of at you. You'll get a beautiful blue sky, warm colors on their faces and clothing, but you won't need to use flash to fill the shadows. You can also do the "1, 2, 3 - OPEN!" trick, where they close their eyes, and you on three, they open their eyes and you snap your picture. That works wonders for me.

You can always back light them too. I LOOOOVE back lighting.

But seriously, you did a great job for your second wedding, especially because you didn't enjoy it. Doing something you don't really enjoy is hard, especially when you try to get the creative juices flowing.

I was expecting lots and lots and lots of images. I think you did a good job...wish there were more photos.

Tips for shooting in high-sun.

Use it to your advantage. Turn them into the sun. Let it hit their face. Shoot low to capture the blue sky. But tell them to look at each other instead of at you. You'll get a beautiful blue sky, warm colors on their faces and clothing, but you won't need to use flash to fill the shadows. You can also do the "1, 2, 3 - OPEN!" trick, where they close their eyes, and you on three, they open their eyes and you snap your picture. That works wonders for me.

You can always back light them too. I LOOOOVE back lighting.

But seriously, you did a great job for your second wedding, especially because you didn't enjoy it. Doing something you don't really enjoy is hard, especially when you try to get the creative juices flowing.

Many thanks for the tips, will give it a try - if there is a next time!

#5 is the best !!! i love the green in it ! what were the settings on that last picture? i like how it came out :biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom