1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The view from the top: Eiffel Tower

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Candidcameraman, Jul 2, 2008.

1. It took me two hours in line to get to the second level, than an hour on the second level to get to the top... I got home late - since dinner was at 8 and I got to the top at 7:30 I decided to stay for the sunset and then get down in time for the light show... Which I watched twice... Bot at 11 p.m. and Midnight... Well if I am going to be late for dinner might as well be late in style and get home at 1! :eek: :wink: Just wish my girlfriend had been with me for this... Oh well.

Needless to say if you go to the top, bring a water bottle with you and a bottle of Champagne (when in Rome) both can be bought on top but a glass of Champagne is 10 to 15 Euros and water bottles are 3 Euros a piece fo rthe smallest water bottle you ever seen...

I am sorry but my photography can't do justice to the view, just that a wide angle is a must so is a zoom and a fast prime. Just a few I converted last night before bed.

TheViewfromtheTop.

View attachment 219502

View attachment 219503

View attachment 219504

View attachment 219505

View attachment 219506

View attachment 219507

View attachment 219508

View attachment 219509

View attachment 219510

The Eiffel tower caught the The Smurfs' disease... it is blue, they are bathing it in blue light...

View attachment 219511

View attachment 219512

View attachment 219514

View attachment 219515

View attachment 219516

The lenses I used were the 14-24/2.8, 24-70/2.8, 70-200/2.8, 50/1.4 and 28/1.4 more to come but that's it for now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2008
  2. Taylor

Taylor

May 21, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Gorgeous... well now I don't need to bring my D3 anymore! ;) 

3. Thank you Taylor - when are you coming to Europe?

4. Taylor

Taylor

May 21, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    August 10th, hitting up Athens, Santorini, Rome, Florence/Pisa, Venice, Lucerne, Nice and Paris.

5. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Very nice. I wasn't able to get to the top, limited time.

6. Love 'em all buddy!

7. Nice captures! I can't wait to be in Paris! I'll be there for the Bastille day so it should be very exciting.

8. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Super shots - you can almost see the curavture of the earth in the wider ones!

9. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Dude,
    Absolutely gorgeous shots. I'd say you captured it well. I was in Paris about 3 years ago and did the trip to the top... what a view. Did you go under the city to the Catacombes?

10. I'm surprised you came back down. :biggrin: Wonderful images, Dude! My favorite is the blue one from underneath taken with the wide angle. Ummmm, that would have been tough to do without coming back down, so thanks for returning to terra firma!

11. Whip

Whip

Dec 16, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Very nice indeed!!!!!

Whip

12. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    I agree, very nice...we too only went to the 2nd level as we were on a tour and that was all it included and we had very little spare time to go back...

13. Dude, I can't decide which is a favourite - they're all so wonderful. You bring back wonderful memories of Paris to me when viewing your images. Wonderful!!!!!!! :biggrin:

14. Mani

Mani

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto - Canada
    Excellent images .....

15. PM me when you come over - I may be in Paris for a week in August - Don't know yet - just that we are leaving on the 19th of August.

It was well worth it - but yea when you have limited time the best time to go is early in the morning.

Thank you Jim

I would have loved to be here on Bastille day - but I'll be in Provence for most of July only to be back here on the week of the 20th of July.

Thank you - not sure if that's the curvature of lens distortion but you may be right.

Thank you - No, I haven't been to the Catacombs yet.

Thank you Mike, your favorite is my girlfriend's favorite as well.

Thank you

It is a hassle to wait in line for 2 hours to just get to the second level and then have another 1 hour line up on the second level to get to the top... But once I got to the top I stayed there and enjoyed it for a few hours (It will be a while before I go back...)

Thank you so much

Thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.