The view from the top: Eiffel Tower

It took me two hours in line to get to the second level, than an hour on the second level to get to the top... I got home late - since dinner was at 8 and I got to the top at 7:30 I decided to stay for the sunset and then get down in time for the light show... Which I watched twice... Bot at 11 p.m. and Midnight... Well if I am going to be late for dinner might as well be late in style and get home at 1! :eek::wink: Just wish my girlfriend had been with me for this... Oh well.

Needless to say if you go to the top, bring a water bottle with you and a bottle of Champagne (when in Rome) both can be bought on top but a glass of Champagne is 10 to 15 Euros and water bottles are 3 Euros a piece fo rthe smallest water bottle you ever seen...

I am sorry but my photography can't do justice to the view, just that a wide angle is a must so is a zoom and a fast prime. Just a few I converted last night before bed.

TheViewfromtheTop.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 219502

View attachment 219503

View attachment 219504

View attachment 219505

View attachment 219506

View attachment 219507

View attachment 219508

View attachment 219509

View attachment 219510

The Eiffel tower caught the The Smurfs' disease... it is blue, they are bathing it in blue light...

View attachment 219511

View attachment 219512

View attachment 219514

View attachment 219515

View attachment 219516

The lenses I used were the 14-24/2.8, 24-70/2.8, 70-200/2.8, 50/1.4 and 28/1.4 more to come but that's it for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude,
Absolutely gorgeous shots. I'd say you captured it well. I was in Paris about 3 years ago and did the trip to the top... what a view. Did you go under the city to the Catacombes?

I agree, very nice...we too only went to the 2nd level as we were on a tour and that was all it included and we had very little spare time to go back...

Dude, I can't decide which is a favourite - they're all so wonderful. You bring back wonderful memories of Paris to me when viewing your images. Wonderful!!!!!!! :biggrin:

August 10th, hitting up Athens, Santorini, Rome, Florence/Pisa, Venice, Lucerne, Nice and Paris.

PM me when you come over - I may be in Paris for a week in August - Don't know yet - just that we are leaving on the 19th of August.

Very nice. I wasn't able to get to the top, limited time.

It was well worth it - but yea when you have limited time the best time to go is early in the morning.

Love 'em all buddy!

Thank you Jim

Nice captures! I can't wait to be in Paris! I'll be there for the Bastille day so it should be very exciting.

I would have loved to be here on Bastille day - but I'll be in Provence for most of July only to be back here on the week of the 20th of July.

Super shots - you can almost see the curavture of the earth in the wider ones!

Thank you - not sure if that's the curvature of lens distortion but you may be right.

Dude,
Absolutely gorgeous shots. I'd say you captured it well. I was in Paris about 3 years ago and did the trip to the top... what a view. Did you go under the city to the Catacombes?

Thank you - No, I haven't been to the Catacombs yet.

I'm surprised you came back down. :biggrin: Wonderful images, Dude! My favorite is the blue one from underneath taken with the wide angle. Ummmm, that would have been tough to do without coming back down, so thanks for returning to terra firma!

Thank you Mike, your favorite is my girlfriend's favorite as well.

Very nice indeed!!!!!

Whip

Thank you

I agree, very nice...we too only went to the 2nd level as we were on a tour and that was all it included and we had very little spare time to go back...

It is a hassle to wait in line for 2 hours to just get to the second level and then have another 1 hour line up on the second level to get to the top... But once I got to the top I stayed there and enjoyed it for a few hours (It will be a while before I go back...)

Dude, I can't decide which is a favourite - they're all so wonderful. You bring back wonderful memories of Paris to me when viewing your images. Wonderful!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Thank you so much

Excellent images .....

Thank you

Latest threads

Top Bottom