The wait is finally over.

So as many of you may remember I posted here that I had one of my photographs selected for publishing in a photo book. They did not release any of the photos selected until the day of the book release party which occurred on May 3rd. I had to wait until yesterday for my book to arrive as I pre-ordered it early for less than it was selling for at the release party.

So here is the photo that was selected for print in the book. It's of my best friends 2 year old son named Alex.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I had stopped to visit them after picking up my recently acquired 80-200 2.8D push pull lens from a repair shop, and was just playing around with it at their house, and Alex was loving the idea of posing for the camera to watch the flashes going off, and I captured this wonderful shot of him posing in front of their Christmas tree.

And here is a shot of the front cover of the book as well as the photograph as it's printed in the book.

The project is managed by a local newspaper here in Vermont. People can upload their images taken around the state and upload them to one of many available categories. Other members of the site can then vote, love, or comment on the images.

I would like to thank everyone here for their support, and also for all of the wonderful knowledge and idea's I've picked up over the past couple years here.

What an adorable child and you captured him beautifully!! Congratulations again on the book. I'm sure it will have a place of honor in your house :)

Carole

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom