The warblers are coming, the warblers are coming!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jczinn, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Warbler of the day...spring is finally here!

All D100, 80-400VR handheld--Palm Warbler, one of the first to arrive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WOW!.. Excellent shots. I hope those little guys come out a bit east.

3. Warblers

Janet, you did it again. These are excellent. :)

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Janet,

These are just excellent. I tried to shoot some song birds this afternoon, and they aren't as easy as you and Mike Mac make it look. :wink:

Regards,

Frank

5. Simply beautiful images of these warblers. I'm happy that spring has arrived in your part of the country.

6. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    These are superb Janet! The color in these images are nice and punchy. Did you use the d70?

7. WOW
    Hope these guys show up at my feeders soon they are beautiful great shots Janet as usual

8. Thanks all! This guy was singing his heart out and very cooperative.

Mike, you will never see these at your feeders...warblers, as a rule, won't come to feeders, as they don't eat seeds--they eat bugs. That's one reason they migrate...following the insects.

so if you want to shoot warblers you'll have to go hunt them down in the woods and parks ;-)

9. hi Craig...these are all with the D100...the D70 is my husband's and I don't use it...although I admit today I was thinking how nice it would be to have that 1/500 flash synch. In that last shot I had to stop down much further than I would have liked in order to use the fill-flash--hence the funky background. Eventually I just turned off the flash altogether. Its really hard to use it in bright sun without stopping down!

10. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Yah, iknow what you mean. you still have to go pretty small apertures with 1/500 sec when shooting high luminosity light.
    in any event, I like the results you got here. the second one is my favorite. :)