The Wave & North Coyote Buttes (Part 1)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Bright Angel, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

I won a ticket to visit The Wave back in June.
    They give you a map to find your way, but guess what, I got totally lost on the way :biggrin:
    I think I went miles off course, I was climbing down cliffs, hiking through dried up river washes, climbing up sand covered buttes, just sweating bullets in the mid day sun, on the points of collapse.
    I eventually found my way there somehow.
    I asked a Germany family who were there, if I could walk back with them.
    But they were heading back in 1 hour, so still exhausted after the hike I had 1 hour to bag as many photos as possible.

These are just some from on the way (even though I was lost, I still had to take photos :wink:) and at the Wave area.
    The weather started with cloud cover, but then just got hotter and hotter.

p306622862-4.jpg

[​IMG]
    ^ Click for larger version and the magnify
    [​IMG]
    ^ Click for larger version and the magnify
    p172876194-4.jpg

p250114725-4.jpg

p81672551-4.jpg

p354203853-4.jpg

p401516767-4.jpg

Thank for viewing. More to follow.

2. Nice shots...

Well, if you kept walking in that 5th shot you would have walked right through the WAVE..

Not sure how you could get lost out there.. the paperwork they give you is quite detailed with pictures...

Bet it was quite hot out there that day???

3. gabriel_felipe

gabriel_felipe

Apr 26, 2006
    Israel
    very nice set of shots... love that dessert scapes with those lines leading the eyes

4. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

I got lost early on, the paperwork said something like follow the white arrow.
    But, there wasn't a white arrow, so I kept walking and following some footprints in the sand. That only made it worse.

It was so hot that day, my Lenspen dried up and I nearly did too :eek: :biggrin:
    I only found The Wave by heading towards Top Rock (the dark vertical stripe of rock). There was no point just quitting and heading back, because I didn't know where "back" was.
    Despite getting lost etc, I'd still go back tomorrow and take some more photos :wink:

5. Being cheeky eh regardingthe follow the white arrows? Those are on the printouts not the ground.. Geez:eek::eek::eek::eek:

6. The Wave is a great place. Sorry you got lost, but even the surroundings are beautiful.