The weight...

I know it's a sin to crop off fingers, but to me this image screams for it.

Camera crop below...

Model: Tim
MUA: Carly Erin

Nikon D200, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR
ISO 100, f/4, 1/250 @ 116mm
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Comments appreciated as always.

North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!
I agree with you on this Scott............. fantastic processing and lighting.

Very intense with the squarer/tighter crop emphasing this even more.

If it were me, I'd consider cropping some from the bottom of the image, up to where his wrist meets his sleeve...(his right wrist).......... I masked this off on my screen and, for me, it worked better............ but of course that's just me........... and what do I know!

Great work.... and amazing eyes! :eek: :eek: :eek:

G

Scott, excellent! Did you dodge his eyes, or are they really that pure white? I guess my years of wearing contacts has made me think that NOBODY should have eyes that white naturally...

No dodging on the eyes. He's 20 years old...

Here's another version I'm working on. Went back to the original and re-cropped. Just a slightly different B&W conversion.

What would looks sweet cause you almost have the effect... Drop a green screen on his neck and make sure it covers all of his shirt. Then have him tilt his head up more. Have him hold his head differently so he looks like he is holding A head that is without a body. Yes I am silly, but I think it would look cool

I like the first very much. The second made me think of antlers with the fingers. It could be my bad eyes and alcohol induced, blurry vision though.

=Courtland

What do you think of cropping all his fingers, about 1/3 to 1/2 down his forehead? It doesn't look as awkward, and you still get the close up of the face.

I like the 1st shot very much. About the only thing I'd suggest would be to vertically level his head more. The cropped fingers work great. All of them detract from the image too much.

Sin...... Shmin!:smile: The crop works beautifully and helps *make* this photo as great as it is. I like the squareness of the first crop, but I like that you lost the distraction over his left shoulder in the second version.

Wow, you're goooooood!!

What would it look like if you removed the softbox reflection in his eyes?
Do you mean the white card reflections at the bottom and left of the iris' or the actual strobe catchlights? I would think his eyes might look 'dead' without the strobe lights.

And thanks Joe! I think I'm more lucky than good :redface:

Final version delivered to Tim and printed for his agency:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom