The Westcott & Hasselblad Girls

Discussion in 'People' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Oct 20, 2005.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    A new snapshots taken at the PhotoExpo Plus Convention in NYC. All images taken with my D100 and the nikkor 180mm f/2.8AF. I never really photograph people, and I have to admit, it is definitely more demanding than my panos, and landscapes.

The Westcott Model
    original.

original.

original.

View attachment 17136

The Hasselblad Model
    original.

View attachment 17138

View attachment 17139

original.

Regards

RFC

2. #3 does it for me. NICE WORK!

Rich

3. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Great shots Robert. Not your typical 'booth babe' shots.
    I don't know what Westcott is, but I'll sure take one!! and a Hasselbad too. :biggrin:

4. Beautiful models and your shots display that very well. Did Westcot set up the lighting on these delightful shots?

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice series, Robert.

6. I was curious about light setups as well. Were these models available for anyone to shoot?

Oh who am I kidding. I'll buy one of those and two of her and....... what's that you say? The brunette comes for free with a purchase of a duffle bag for my new gear. SOLD Baby!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

7. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I knew you could do panoramas well. Portraits are awesome too. Some lovely ladies and you have captured them well. Number 3 is most excellent as Rich pointed out.

Did you try out the Hassleblad H3? 22mp.......

Regards,

8. Well you should! These are superb.

9. Excellent photos and if you want to forward my number to both of those ladies :p

10. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Beautiful girls and excellent shots :tongue:

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    :eek: Robert, give up your day job immediately, and go pro as a studio model shooter!!! These are really outstanding. 1, 3, and 6 are killer! I really and truly love #1. My guess is you do too, and that's why it was posted first.

12. Sweet wow what stunnign women and you captured them perfectly. The first shot is simply outstanding

13. I too prefer the first image. Did you have any control of the lighting or was it already in place, in the booth? Regardless, these are stunning (and yes, the women look good too! :biggrin: )

14. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    Robert, I always wondered when you'd start "doing" people :biggrin: VERY nice photos (also want to hear about the setup), VERY good looking ladies (brunette gets my vote). Is it too late to register to attend?

15. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Rich Gibson, Cknight, Greyflash, Eng45ine, Matt Swalling, Patrick Bramlett, Clivegriff, Mwilson50, Jfrancis, SteveS, MikeMac, PHilippe Roger, and BLV:

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I had a few lucky snapshots at this convention.

I had nothing to do with the lighting, or poses of the models. The exhibitors were doing a photo shoot demo and I was just standing in the crowd snapping away. The 180mm focal length worked out well for these opportune images.
    Just got lucky and hid my many rejects :).

BLV, Saturday is the last day of the show. Not sure if this code for a free ticket still works but might be worth a try.
    " Bring a Friend... it's FREE!
    The deadline for free expo registration has come and gone, but your friends and colleagues can still get into the exhibit hall absolutely free! All they need to do is register online at www.photoplusexpo.com and use VIP Code EMAB2 to receive free admission to the expo! "

Thanks again everyone

Regards

RFC

16. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    These shots are amazing. I think you are leading us on for you must have shot portraits before to be this good.

For me the first model is impressive. The shots of the second model have, in my opinion, too much green tint. I don't find that a flattering color on women. JMHI all the same.

Thank you for sharing.

17. Michael

Michael

Jun 30, 2005
    Mid-Michigan
    I saw this on DP Review a couple of days and it validated why I look at these sites. I find them all amazing.

18. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Super shots. Whole new meaning to Lens lust. Now where was the D-70 model?

19. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    Hi Robert, looked at this too late. Hopefully next year. Thanks for the code.