The Wide Wide View

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Desert Rat, May 22, 2007.

1. Tuoloumne Meadows Panorama. This was the first time I really started shooting them during this trip.

Got there earlier and waited for the sunset on the peaks. This pool is only seasonal after the snow melt.

Tech
    D2x
    28-70mm
    ISO 100
    Singh-Ray 3 stop Grad ND soft edge
    8 vertical images stitched in PTGui.

The left side might be a bit higher, due to me not making the adjustment before posting... I have to reviti the original image and adjust.

Original 16 bit Tiff file was 12644 pixels on the long end after stitching.. A very big file to work with...

Enjoy

original.

2. Holy cow, Eric!
    That's just spectacular!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

3. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous!!!! WOW!!

4. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Very nice.

5. Fantastic colours! I can't help but think that maybe it could use some lightening of the grass in the foreground. Excellent photo nonetheless.

6. Thanks Virginia...

7. HHARRIS

HHARRIS

May 1, 2007
    So Cal
    Nice work! the reflection in the water is awsome.

HHARRIS
    :)

8. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    Beautiful.

DAB

9. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Eric,
    Beautiful picture. Well worth the considerable effort you put into it.

Mike

10. Thanks Connie...

11. What a beautiful pano, Eric!!!!!! That reflection tops it off! :smile:

12. Thanks Jeff...

13. Too cool, I admire the patience and technique. Stunning shot, you need to do a tutorial for us.

14. I agree completely. Beautiful work.

15. Thanks... Not sure i would want to do that otherwise it would look way too fake...
    Thanks Jeff...

16. Thanks harris...

17. Bill N

Bill N Guest

Must have been distracting setting up your gear with a view like that. Very nice, can't imagine what it would look like printed up large! Regards, Bill

18. Thanks....

19. Thanks Mike....

20. Thanks...