1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The Winner is.....

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by paradiddle, Aug 3, 2009.

1. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    I got a chance to take pictures for a week long charity event. Faces of the World / International Childrens Heart Foundation. All the events were in dark and/or had different colored lights flashing everywhere. I did my best.

I tried over powering the flashing colors. SB800 and SB600 mounted high in the stage frames. SB800 on camera commanding and providing some on axis fill. This guy ended up winning the guys competition.

[​IMG]

2. Great looking picture. I like the lighting.

3. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Thanks Alan.

4. So do you have the pic for the LADIES competition. :biggrin:

5. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Here is one of the ladies.

I think this lady came in second.

[​IMG]

The lighting on all of these were extremely tough for my little D80 and its noisey sensor!

This was actually a five night event. I took many pictures and it is taking me time to process them.

Link to the whole gallery.

http://paradiddle.smugmug.com/gallery/9097051_gtaaH/1/609785884_cvkZp

6. ABrownPhoto

ABrownPhoto

May 3, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I remember when my body used to look like his :D 

Nice shots

7. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Yeah well mine never looked like that! He is a super nice guy also. Works part time for one of the national delivery companies we all love to see show up from our favorite camera store.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.