The Wonder Of The Train...

Discussion in 'People' started by Graeme, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Taken two years ago on a trip to London on the train......

With a Panasonic Lumix 2MP point and shoot............ :wink: Worked for me!

Don't you just love photography!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

[​IMG]

2. Great shot!
    I like how you included the newspaper in the composition.

Tim

3. Dave_Canada

Dave_Canada Guest

great capture i love the light coming in thru the window .

4. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Love it Graeme! The only time I have been on a train was going from London to Burton on Trent and then on to Edinburgh......your home town. :smile:

This shot reminds me of how much fun I had with my dad making that trip.

A very cool shot compositionally.

Good stuff!

5. Thanks Tim! :wink:

Thanks Dave, it's cool that you took the time to look! :smile:

Ok. how come you haven't told me that you'd been to Edinburgh before.......... or did I miss that one? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

6. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Think back and you'll remember my photo..... dedicated to you..... of my tweed cap purchased in Edinburgh in 1981. I still wear it every winter.

So did you shoot these in B&W mode or convert later? Honestly the tonality reminds me of the images that come out of my Leica D-Lux Point-and Shoot when set to B&W mode.

7. Sorry my friend.......... I've got a s*** memory! But I remember that one well!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Shot as per camera settings (colour) in jpeg. then converted to b/w tonight! :biggrin:

G

8. Stu, I was thinking the same thing....has that "Leica Look".

Tim

9. Graeme, wonderful image...and great tones/contrast...love it, and the conversion. I remember taking the train from San Diego to Seattle once...an experience that everyone must have...

10. This is great! I love the b&w!

Never have been blessed to ride on a train, maybe one day...

11. Thanks John............. :smile:

Thank you!

G

12. Hey Graeme, very good image - gives the 'wonder" feeling out pretty well :biggrin: one more thing, not exactly photo-related, about trains in general; don't you find it interesting people's comments on train and how they either wish to be on one or remeber fondly when they have been on one? :confused: to me, the train is a normal transportation system - I used to ride from Milan (Italy) to Geneve (Switzerland) every week when I was studying there, and even now that I am living in Turkey where the train is not so developed as in Italy I am still getting on one from time to time... it just caught my attention, that's all :wink: back to your image, I loved it - it proves as well that Nikon - Canon - Panasonic - whathaveyou - they are just tools... :biggrin: though... I love my D2x(s)! Thanks for sharing my friend,

13. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Another nice one Graeme. The kids look like they love the train.

14. Hey Vieri...... it's cool to here from you! I hope all is well in your world!
    I too, found the train comments interesting.. I suppose some folks don't go near them that often, if ever, so will always wonder what it's all about!
    By the way......... still trying to convinve the other half that a trip to Istanbul would be good for my soul! :biggrin:

And you are right about the "tool" thing!....... though I'm slightly, if not a lot, envious of you little baby (D2xs..)........ :redface:

G

Thanks Fred. they certainly do!

G