The Wonder That Is Light.....And Dark.....

G

Gr8Tr1x

Excellent, Graeme. The light and the dark are indeed wonderful.

JD............ yes, natural window light from her right..............

There is a dark wood wardrope behind her, that when I PP the image goes black............. can't afford studio lights.......... anyway, it's hard enough trying to work out natural light! :eek: :eek: :eek:

G
Well you're doing an excellent job with natural light...interesting info about the dark wood behind the subject and how it turns black when you PP...for this type of effect, I would have thought you spent most of your PP time tracing around the subject zoomed at 500% with the lasso tool haha! That is typically how I achieve a similar desired effect...it takes forever though!

Thanks for sharing all this info!

North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!
Well you're doing an excellent job with natural light...interesting info about the dark wood behind the subject and how it turns black when you PP...for this type of effect, I would have thought you spent most of your PP time tracing around the subject zoomed at 500% with the lasso tool haha! That is typically how I achieve a similar desired effect...it takes forever though!

Thanks for sharing all this info!
JD........... I very rarely, if ever, have to do any PP on the background directly, shooting in this room............. that's why I use it........... all the other rooms in my house have light walls............! :biggrin:

And I admire your 500% patience/lasso discipline! :eek:

G

Stunning!! One of your top 5. Beautiful use of natural light:shadows. Now *this* is my kind of photo. I'd hang it on my wall.....absolutely.

Man.....you're good and getting better.

North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!
Stunning!! One of your top 5. Beautiful use of natural light:shadows. Now *this* is my kind of photo. I'd hang it on my wall.....absolutely.

Man.....you're good and getting better.
Thanks Stu........... for now........ and for your earlier input my friend! :cool:

G

Stunning work
Thanks Robert........ glad you liked this! :smile:

G

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom