The world is a cartoon!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CliffB, Mar 28, 2007.

1. This has nothing to do with photography, other my being able to say the you never have a camera, when you really need one.

Today, I was stopped at a red light, when a pick-up truck, with smoke billowing from the back, passed by. At first, I thought it must be from a burst hose. However, as it drove past, I could see that smoke was from a fire. The truck had a load of mattresses in the back; and, huge flames were shooting out of them. The driver was obviously oblivious to his dire situation. As I thought that I should chase him down, to let him know what was happening, I heard a siren. I looked the other way, to see a fire truck trying to catch the pick-up. So, down the road went the white pick-up, with its load engulfed in flames and smoke, hotly being followed by the big, red firetruck, siren blaring.

I just sat there thinking, "Damn, I live in a cartoon!"

2. *LOL* I can just imagine the rukuss!!! You sure the Three Stooges weren't doing the driving?????

Get yourself a tiny P&S - I take mine everywhere I don't take the beast.

3. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Waaaaaaay too funny. It is for those odd occurences I think of getting a compact P & S to keep in the car at all times.- Jeff

4. Images of the Keystone Cops come to mind...

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I have a p&s and loaned it to someone. grrrr
    I would be in trouble if I needed it.

Did they catch the burning truck. Well I would think so.
    How did it all turn out

6. Yup --never have it when you need it!

PaulC

7. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    I always keep the P&S in the car. You never know what you're going to find - like this one from a recent trip to pick up a few groceries.

408285605_5afd65c0b8_b.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lol bill

9. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    The Girl Scouts were on the other side selling cookies. Mmmm, Thin Mints.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Yep this can and (is)?? a cartoon world
    Comedy

Where do you think all the comics and cartoons get thier material