The worth of a photo!

I have shed many tears over the past two days. My heart is so heavy.We have a neighbor who has raised his family and now has grown sons, grandsons, and great grandsons. The are a very wealthy and prominent family with an Oil distribution business, a chain of quick stops, and a health products company. They own a corporate plane. On Friday they flew to South Dakota with twelve family members for an annual pheasant hunt they enjoy. On Saturday, on their way home, their plane crashed and 9 of the twelve were killed, with 3 survivors, who are all in pretty bad shape . We are connected with several of the family members and this has been a devastating blow for us as well as our entire city. They were very good and generous people and the stories are being spread about many acts of service that they did. Today the photo was published of the hunters on their activity, just before 9 of them would die. Can you imagine how much that photo means to surviving family members?

You can see it in the link to the news story below.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2019/12/hansen-family-issues-statement-as-names-of-plane-crash-victims-are-released-kyani/

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Yes, it made the national news, Terri. I heard about it here in St Louis. My condolences to the family, the family of the pilot and all their friends...a heavy blow, indeed.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Heard about this here in Tennessee. How tragic...so much loss of life, of family and future togetherness. Thoughts and prayers coming their way.

Yes, the news was in The Washington Post, too, a couple of times, actually -- once prior to identification of the victims and then later with an update providing more information. I feel so sad reading about the terrible loss this wonderful family has just suffered. Devastating! Losing one member of a family, losing a spouse, is bad enough, but losing so many all at once.... simply unfathomable.

Yes, the news was in The Washington Post, too, a couple of times, actually -- once prior to identification of the victims and then later with an update providing more information. I feel so sad reading about the terrible loss this wonderful family has just suffered. Devastating! Losing one member of a family, losing a spouse, is bad enough, but losing so many all at once.... simply unfathomable.
Terri I read about this and you making the personal connection makes this even sadder. So very, very sorry.
Connie and Rolf, thank you for commenting. It is such a horrible, sad thing. It's good for me to get back to work and have some normalcy today, but the waves of deep sadness keep coming. I pray the remaining family can find some comfort and peace.

This story about the brothers really shows their character. A local funeral home director posted this on his Facebook page.

"This afternoon our town suffered a devastating loss. These two men, Jim and Kirk Hansen, are pillars of our community. They were in a plane crash with many of their family members on their way home from a Thanksgiving hunting trip. 9 out of the 12 of them perished, including Jim and Kirk, their father, sons and grandsons.

Oftentimes people that lose a loved one are not financially prepared to pay for the many things surrounding their final expenses. Many many times through the years I received a text message from Jim or Kirk asking if there was anyone having a hard time paying their bill. When there was, they’d give me their credit card number without a second thought and pay the bill for them. As I have been scrolling through old text messages from them, each text was either them looking for an opportunity to help others, or me thanking them for their generosity.

Our community has a dark cloud over it now. They will never know the many lives they touched. I am better for knowing them."

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom