The "Yeehaa, I got new gear" thread - Part I

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kiwi, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    I always like to hear about what new gear or gadget related to photography people get.

Here's a start

I picked up a new Manfrotto 691B Monopod today, yeehah...

Your turn

2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    My 55mm F2.8 AIS Micro came yesterday, I've been trying it out today
    So far I'm very pleased

3. My new gels arrived today!

4. I am going to get some old stuff out and make like its new, does that count.

5. [FONT=&quot]Got my B+W Kaesemann MRC Circular Polarizer in the mail yesterday.

(The Filter Connection is an AWESOME place to do business with!!!!:Love:)
    [/FONT]

6. JustEd

JustEd

Jul 21, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    In waiting

went to our local camera store and asked if they knew anything about the D90 and when it might be available? The salesman referred me to the manager who said "The Nikon Representative was just here and I am not allowed to comment."

Well darn, just made me want one even more. I know many here have much better equipment, but for me it hopefully a worthwhile upgrade to my D40x. If the video feature works well I would like to put it to use on wildlife photography, mostly birds. Wonder how a 1080 HD video will look from DX sensor and quality glass?

7. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    hmm, Gordon, I think a "reno" counts.

8. Stephan54

Stephan54

May 13, 2006
    Netherlands
    deleted

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2010
  9. My new "gear" is a digital darkroom tool - Lightroom 2. It contains Adobe Capture 4.5, which is a huge improvement, and has encouraged me to try shooting in RAW. That gives different results, making all of my gear seem new.

10. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    I like LR2 too Frank, well done

11. 50mm f1.8 AI arrived yesterday. :biggrin:

12. IT SURE DOES TO ME, GORDON
    .... that is a great idea

13. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK

Get a family member to pack it away in a box and mail it to you to really enhance the experience :smile:

14. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    or post it to yourself. Very zen

I bought a D2Hs yesterday too as a second sports body,hope I've done the right thing

15. rmfnla

rmfnla

Aug 19, 2008
    La-La Land
    All my DSLR stuff is new:

D40
    24 - 120 VR
    Nikon Bag
    Filters
    Remote control
    Extra battery
    Hi speed 4Gig SD Card (2200 shots? I LOVE it!)
    Card Reader
    Grip strap (I really like this)

Did I miss anything? Doesn't matter; I can tell reading this forum is going to cost me more $$$.

You guys are a baaad influence!

16. I picked up a Crumpler bag recently. It hold alot of my stuff + my laptop and some books. I also ordered a Blackrapid R-Strap about 2 weeks ago. I still haven't received it, but hopefully it'll be here soon.

17. Bought PhotoCalc for $2.99 in the iPhone's AppStore: it does DOF and hyperfocal distance calculations as well as other things that the camera and flash also do: exposure triangle, and flash power vs. distance. It can tell you sunrise and sunset times based on your location. It also has a reference section with a photographic glossary, Sunny16, Zone system, etc... Heck, it's a great deal for less than the cost of a gallon of gas. :wink:

18. ah....
    great idea
    unfortunately... if i mention this to them..... they're liable to pack ME up to be shipped overseas... :redface:

19. monkay

monkay

Jun 12, 2008
    New Jersey
    got my sigma 18-200mm OS HSM yesterday and absolutely love it so far. it's perfect for me right now and will let me find my style and upgrade to better glass from there

20. Renate

Renate Guest

My 50mm f/1.8 arrived today. Just got home so haven't played with it yet.

Renate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.