The "Yeehaa, I got new gear" thread - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always like to hear about what new gear or gadget related to photography people get.

Here's a start

I picked up a new Manfrotto 691B Monopod today, yeehah...

Your turn

My 55mm F2.8 AIS Micro came yesterday, I've been trying it out today
So far I'm very pleased

In waiting

went to our local camera store and asked if they knew anything about the D90 and when it might be available? The salesman referred me to the manager who said "The Nikon Representative was just here and I am not allowed to comment."

Well darn, just made me want one even more. I know many here have much better equipment, but for me it hopefully a worthwhile upgrade to my D40x. If the video feature works well I would like to put it to use on wildlife photography, mostly birds. Wonder how a 1080 HD video will look from DX sensor and quality glass?

My new "gear" is a digital darkroom tool - Lightroom 2. It contains Adobe Capture 4.5, which is a huge improvement, and has encouraged me to try shooting in RAW. That gives different results, making all of my gear seem new.

or post it to yourself. Very zen

I bought a D2Hs yesterday too as a second sports body,hope I've done the right thing

All my DSLR stuff is new:

D40
24 - 120 VR
Nikon Bag
Filters
Remote control
Extra battery
Hi speed 4Gig SD Card (2200 shots? I LOVE it!)
Card Reader
Grip strap (I really like this)

Did I miss anything? Doesn't matter; I can tell reading this forum is going to cost me more $$$.

You guys are a baaad influence!

I picked up a Crumpler bag recently. It hold alot of my stuff + my laptop and some books. I also ordered a Blackrapid R-Strap about 2 weeks ago. I still haven't received it, but hopefully it'll be here soon.

Bought PhotoCalc for $2.99 in the iPhone's AppStore: it does DOF and hyperfocal distance calculations as well as other things that the camera and flash also do: exposure triangle, and flash power vs. distance. It can tell you sunrise and sunset times based on your location. It also has a reference section with a photographic glossary, Sunny16, Zone system, etc... Heck, it's a great deal for less than the cost of a gallon of gas. :wink:

got my sigma 18-200mm OS HSM yesterday and absolutely love it so far. it's perfect for me right now and will let me find my style and upgrade to better glass from there

R

Renate

My 50mm f/1.8 arrived today. Just got home so haven't played with it yet.

Renate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom