The "Yeehaa, I got new gear" thread - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK!!! here's my Christmas present.......
5321512529_4868bd2a41_z.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_3781 by tomshutterbug, on Flickr

Welllll I wish it was the real thing. Nice tho.

5322119672_ee1413a5e2_z.jpg
[/url] DSC_3783 by tomshutterbug, on Flickr[/IMG]

My wife shocked the heck out of me and got me a D7000 for Christmas. Now I have to practice, practice, practice to get my skills worthy of such an expensive investment in this hobby.

tazbill - That's a pretty cool mug!

I want a lens mug :( i drink a lot of coffee at work and people keep stealing my cup.

I also saw a braclet aperture ring, but rubber bracelets went out of fashion when i was in high-school :p

My lovely wife put a new, gripped D700 under the tree this year. I added a Nikkor 28-300 f3.5-5.6. Over the past few years she has given me a gripped D300 and a Nikkor 70-200 f2.8, just to name a few gifts.

I think I'l keep her....LOL

F100
85mm f2
1m reflector (Phottix - not the same quality as the Lastolite so I guess another will be on its way soon enough)

I got a tripod last afternoon! Ordered it from a gift-card I recieved from a competition(sign up, win gift-card :smile:). Anyhow, I bought a package with Manfrotto 190ProB tripod with 496RC2 ballhead. I was amazed how lightweight it was, and how sturdy! My only complaint is that it is prone to a little wibration when stationed in strong wind with no cover. But some extra weight on the tripod should take care of that :biggrin:

Here's a testshot with my D90 and 70-300VR:
5330920846_133d13e54e_b.jpg

ISO200, 5 seconds and F/7.1

It has some blown highlights, but my editing computer has a broken graphics card, so I can't fix it

50mm f/1.8

Finally came today!!! I ordered this about two weeks ago from Adoroma about the same day the big snow hit New York and the East Coast. Seemed like it took forever to get here. Can't wait to use it, I was kind of surprised that it didn't come with a hood. All my other lenses have come with one. Is it common to use the 50mm with out it?

Thanks
Dan

Finally came today!!! I ordered this about two weeks ago from Adoroma about the same day the big snow hit New York and the East Coast. Seemed like it took forever to get here. Can't wait to use it, I was kind of surprised that it didn't come with a hood. All my other lenses have come with one. Is it common to use the 50mm with out it?

Thanks
Dan

Mine had no hood either. I bought the rubber, collapsible one and I love it!!

Thanks
Dan
I never had a hood for my 50/1.8.

Trønder?

Hell no! :biggrin:

I'm nordmøring, so stop your insulting :tongue:

Thanks
Dan

I have the 50mm 1.8 and 1.4G.
With the 1.8 I didn't need(and didn't get) a hood, since the front element is hidden inside the lens itself. It's an entirely different story with the 1.4G though. The front element is bigger and more exposed, so a lens hood was a part of the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a D7000 in early December and a Canon S95 a few weeks before that. I also got a 240GB SSD to replace the internal HD in my MacBook Pro.

Am working on getting a 35/1.8, 24-120/4 VR, and a Tokina 12-24 in the next couple months.
My 24-120/4 VR arrived and the Tokina 12-24/4 is on it's way for delivery Tuesday. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom