The Z50 and the missing adapter

Data.
Just for kicks I weighed 3 adaptors that I have:

Kenko DG Extension Tube set Nikon AF = 271 grams
Nikon TC 1.4E II = 220 grams
FTZ = 162 grams.

These are with both end caps on.

As for size, a picture is worth a few hundred words (L to R): Keno, Nikon TC, FTZ:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

To big, too bulky? For what?

Data.
Just for kicks I weighed 3 adaptors that I have:

Kenko DG Extension Tube set Nikon AF = 271 grams
Nikon TC 1.4E II = 220 grams
FTZ = 162 grams.

These are with both end caps on.

As for size, a picture is worth a few hundred words (L to R): Keno, Nikon TC, FTZ:

View attachment 1648684

To big, too bulky? For what?
I think the base mades FTZ bulky. It's light weight though. But again, I don't use and don't have big lenses.
I like Canon EF-RF adaptor's form factor better, but everyone's taste is different :) .
Thiner, and lighter (110g)
Canon adaptor.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
I think the base mades FTZ bulky. It's light weight though. But again, I don't use and don't have big lenses.
I like Canon EF-RF adaptor's form factor better, but everyone's taste is different :) .
Thiner, and lighter (110g)
View attachment 1648723
Agree with your finding. I guess Nikon could offer 2 different FTZs---one with and the other without the tripod mount.

Real Name
James
Not sure if they are official bundles but there are plenty of Z50's being offered here in Denmark with the 2 lenses and the FTZ adapter as an all in one bundle at really good prices. I am thinking now to get rid of all my Fuji Cameras and lenses to get one of these bundles as a backup for my Z7.

Agree with your finding. I guess Nikon could offer 2 different FTZs---one with and the other without the tripod mount.
I don't think it's possible to make an FTZ without the tripod foot extension. Canon can control lens aperture electronically, while Nikon has an additional lever mechanism to gain aperture control. If anything Nikon should of started E-type lenses earlier, but all the grouchy dinosaurs would of had a seizure if Nikon ended backwards f-mount compatibility. In retrospect it would of made more sense though knowing now that Nikon would go FF mirrorless.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom