Theodore Roosevelt Island

First time I've been here. It's a nice peaceful little spot just outside of DC.
Here are a few of the pics I took there.

p1666510223-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p1856948360-5.jpg

p1786234358-5.jpg

p1720394081-5.jpg

p1769378076-5.jpg

Real Name
Bill Mellen
Thanks Floyd!

A few years ago I was walking the trail and came upon a very large whitetail buck. Probably at least 180 lbs.

That is a place that I need to make more time to visit while I am in Arlington now that the days are longer again.

Quiet and peace feeling, I can hear the birds sing.

Thank you Wei. I'd love to just hand out there until the wildlife manifests
Around me, but I will need a lot of bug spray and proper clothing, im not immune anymore.

peace , Floyd

Thanks Floyd!

A few years ago I was walking the trail and came upon a very large whitetail buck. Probably at least 180 lbs.

That is a place that I need to make more time to visit while I am in Arlington now that the days are longer again.

Nice compliment Bill. Thank you. I work weekends these days som trying to get out and do things during the to get me in shape. Tomorrow maybe the zoo.

Nice photos Floyd! But as I remember it isn't all that peaceful, as it's on the approach to National Airport. I remember there was a study about park employees who worked there, and it determined that even though they said they were used to jet noise, their blood pressure and heart rates were both high, related to stress from all the noise.

Nice photos Floyd! But as I remember it isn't all that peaceful, as it's on the approach to National Airport. I remember there was a study about park employees who worked there, and it determined that even though they said they were used to jet noise, their blood pressure and heart rates were both high, related to stress from all the noise.

Thanks Steve. Yea I did hear some planes yesterday. I am so used to it, living within 5 miles of Dulles, that it doesn't faze me.
I had more stress over the yelling screaming kids at the zoo today than those planes will ever give me. <grin>.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom