There is a Mrs. Yellowbelly Sapsucker

The other day I posted a mix of the red shoulders and a yellowbelly sapsucker drilling a hole in a dead tree by my garage. Well I have found out that he is not alone and I see a Mrs. Sticking her head out of the hole. As of today I am pretty sure she is incubating. This should be really nice as it is about 35 feet from my house. No driving. I’ll keep watching both the red shoulders and the yellowbelly couple. Her are the loving couple.

1 Mrs.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2Mr.

3 The three red shoulders as of today 6/13/07

Great
The Baby Hawks are looking good:>)))
A special thank you Gale. Yes they seem to be doing very well but I have one concern and that is I have not seen both adults at the same time even for just an instant. I am hoping nothing has happened to it as this is one great pair of raptors and now this is my 5th nesting with them. BTW Yesterday when I checked them those two mice were gone. UMmmmmyyy
Lou

Neat shots of the sapsuckers Lou. I look forward to seeing their offspring soon. And, the continuing saga of the hawks is always of interest. Few of us ever get the chance to study individual subjects this closely -- thanks for sharing.

Neat shots of the sapsuckers Lou. I look forward to seeing their offspring soon. And, the continuing saga of the hawks is always of interest. Few of us ever get the chance to study individual subjects this closely -- thanks for sharing.
Thanks Bob and if you are interested in seeing some careing, some knowledge and a little luck check my slide show on the eagle nest building.
Lou

I sure how an Adult was not lost.
He we goofy people get attached to these featheed friends.

I now have 9 squirrels. Had 10 Ibis, family of cardinals and a pair of doves and a peleated woodpecker visit today.
In the yard
Fun stuff.
Very intertaining these silly squirrels

I sure how an Adult was not lost.
He we goofy people get attached to these featheed friends.

I now have 9 squirrels. Had 10 Ibis, family of cardinals and a pair of doves and a peleated woodpecker visit today.
In the yard
Fun stuff.
Very intertaining these silly squirrels
Well where are the squirrels photos??? And we have to be able to ID all 9 so we know your not cheating.:biggrin::biggrin: Doves, they are cleaning me out. I have two pair of Pleated here all year and they are nested some place in the woods in back of me but there are hundreds of acreas to look and I have had no luck in finding them I can hear them talking but can't find them. Winter time they are right by my house. Thanks for looking in.
Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent images Lou! Must be a thrill to have this happening right at your home.
O yeah Andy any nesting is always nice to see and watch. Just have to give them their space, find a good spot and try to set up a blind. An old refridgerator box makes a great blind and easy to move around and it will paint with any old kind of paint you got around. Like a kid playing with the box and not the toy.
Lou

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom