1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

There Seems To Be Electricity In The Air

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by accurateshot, Jul 8, 2008.

1. 1.
    328372375_r8WLK-XL.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

328372564_fgdT9-XL.jpg

328372504_N7zuG-XL.jpg

2. MikeG76

MikeG76

Jun 11, 2008
    Middletown, NY
    Nice captures. What's your method? Auto exposure of 5 sec every so often? Or something similar?

3. I used to set to f11 or f8 and then run the shutter from ten to thirty seconds depending on how many strikes I want in one frame. I just bought a shutter remote cord set to f11 or so and put on bulb. Open the shutter until I want to close it. I can open the shutter faster this way so I don't have to use the timer, I seem to get more keepers.

4. Cima2oo7

Cima2oo7

Aug 11, 2007
    Mountain Home, ID
    Mark
    Nice captures! I was just getting ready to make a thread asking for pointers on capturing lightning strikes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.