There still at it

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Nov 19, 2005.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Wish I could borrow some of that energy, but I do get a charge out of capturing it :wink:
    [​IMG]

It's Ok little feller I'll protect you
    [​IMG]

Now a question. Does anybody know or have an idea why the eye is different in the reflection then in the Grebe. Outside of normal post work (RR type) no manipulation has been done. I'm just curious got me scratching me head :confused:
    [​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Love them.
    Great shots.
    Great stories.

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hi Gale
    You know keep those wonderful comments coming, makes me wanna go out and do shoot more then I already do if that's possible
    :biggrin: :wink:

4. I was going to see what others posted about the Grebe eye reflection...no one did so here is my take: the angle the grebe is relative to your lens is allowing the cornea to be reflected off directly (did you use flash?) kinda like seeing the racoon eyes at night...

I like the 1st shot a lot, wall hanger.

5. Killer images.. Boy those snowys are still figithing for several days.. :^) Make a big print of it...

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I guess you could be right. I certainly don't know what cause that effect.
    No flash used either.

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I noticed you go to that little pond as well, let me know next time you want to go and maybe we can hook up.

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I like the Snowy shots a lot Ben, but the Grebe is just killer. :smile:

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Morning Frank
    thanks yeah I must admit to a real soft spot for those reflection shots myself, so glad you feel this one succeeds!

10. Ben
    Very nice shots. Your recent shoots have been most productive and the image quality is outstanding.
    I would venture that the reflection of the eye has had some sort of polarization applied to it (either by the water itself or the position of a CP if you were using one).
    Dave

11. bfjr

bfjr Guest

No CP Dave, but you and Brett must be right as to water/light reflection causing the difference.

and thank you for those nice words, it really does mean a lot to me!