There'll Be No School Tomorrow...

Homer Hickam, author of The Rocket Boys (movie October Sky), went to school here.

047r.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks, Steve. Homer and I have become somewhat friends. He is a cool dude.

Really! Wow! Always had a little crush on Laura Dern & Chris Cooper Is From Halifax ,Ma about 20 minutes away from me. Thats a cool story Alan!:smile:

Really! Wow! Always had a little crush on Laura Dern & Chris Cooper Is From Halifax ,Ma about 20 minutes away from me. Thats a cool story Alan!:smile:

I got to know him when I wrote a song about him and sent it to him. Surprisingly, he responded and had me to send 20 copies out to some of his friends. Then, I wrote another song about working in a coal mine and named it Sky Of Stone after his book. He gave his blessings for me to use the title. At that time Hallmark was entertaining a notion of making a TV movie from that book. Homer diligently pitched my song to the producers to use in the TV movie. Then, Hallmark got cold feet and backed out of doing the movie. Homer comes here to the area every year for the October Sky Festival held in Coalwood about 6 or 7 miles from my house.

I got to know him when I wrote a song about him and sent it to him. Surprisingly, he responded and had me to send 20 copies out to some of his friends. Then, I wrote another song about working in a coal mine and named it Sky Of Stone after his book. He gave his blessings for me to use the title. At that time Hallmark was entertaining a notion of making a TV movie from that book. Homer diligently pitched my song to the producers to use in the TV movie. Then, Hallmark got cold feet and backed out of doing the movie. Homer comes here to the area every year for the October Sky Festival held in Coalwood about 6 or 7 miles from my house.

Great Story!

Fantastic Alan.

(I'm beginning to suspect you go round wrecking these wonderful old buildings just to create sensational photo-opportunities! You're a dangerous man!)

Love it. :smile:

Terrific image. I'm really surprised at the number of building like this that are still standing. Seems they're a danger to everyone.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom