There's a pot of gold...

... in my swimming pool!!

Nicely seen by my daughter while we were eating dinner. A quick summer storm move in while the sun was still shining. This lasted less than a minute and all I had on me was my iphone. A quick shot and then it vanished as the sky clouded over.

71721-1-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That's pretty cool, and it's great that you could get a photo before it disappeared.

Does that screen successfully keep the Florida bugs at bay?
Yes, that screen keeps bugs out from our pool area. It also reduces heat from direct sun exposure. My pool water temperature tops out at 85 degrees during the summer. Pools without the screen typically can hit 90 degrees.

These screens are very popular here and make our pool area much more livable. I can sit at our outdoor dining table or couches and not get eaten alive even during mosquito season.

Yes, that screen keeps bugs out from our pool area. It also reduces heat from direct sun exposure. My pool water temperature tops out at 85 degrees during the summer. Pools without the screen typically can hit 90 degrees.

These screens are very popular here and make our pool area much more livable. I can sit at our outdoor dining table or couches and not get eaten alive even during mosquito season.

A friend recently moved to Florida and one of her stated requirements when looking at houses was that it had to have a covered swimming pool.....at first I wondered what difference it would make until I started thinking about oh, yeah, Florida: bugs, lotsa bugs! She was fortunate, found just the place to suit her, it ticked all of her boxes, so she purchased it and has now moved in and is getting settled. Like your pool, hers has a screen enclosure and she says it really is effective. Her two granddaughters, who live not too far away now, are loving it as well. Also, too, it keeps wandering small children and animals of any size from venturing into the pool area, too.

Latest threads

Top Bottom