Thermal features in Yellowstone

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by catalyst, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Here are a few places that I hope to go back to in Yellowstone next summer:

Turquoise Pool in the Midway Geyser basin:

81760745.original.

Excelsior Geyser outflow in the same basin:

81760985.original.

Same as above but with the Firehole River included:

82043950.original.

Great Fountain Geyser along the Firehole River:

81760926.original.

Eric

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow beautiful images

3. I am trying to arrange to go there next spring. These are great and I will definately try to take time from the wildlife to find these.

4. Very nice series Eric. The colors are really vivid and I like the compositions you've presented.

5. yamo

yamo

Jun 28, 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Greetings. Ah, Yellowstone, your images make me want to go back. I wasn't into photography when I was there last... so many shooting opportunities.

Cheers,

-Yamo-

6. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    I've just been reading a book about the history of scientific knowledge. Maybe others know this already, but one of things I learned is that Yellowstone is one vast caldera, a kind of volcano. It is so huge that it could singlehandedly take out the continental US (maybe more, maybe less) if/when it blows. The good news is that historically, it only blows about every 600,000 years. The bad news is that the last time it blew was over 600,000 years ago.

DAB