These are exciting times!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harry S., Nov 7, 2005.

1. .... and I don't mean the D200 (although I am very tempted:wink: ).
    I mean the fact that there is only one month to go until our baby is due.

I don't have much time for photography right now because of a submission deadline for my next publication, but I take the time to grab as many shots of my pregnant wife as possible.

original.

original.

Of course she is very thoughtful sometimes, which can be understood in face of the changes we are heading for.

original.

original.

However, generally she is in a very good mood (so am I) and I do my best to nurture the good mood.

original.

I have decided to stay with her in the hospital for a few days and then take a two week holiday to do all the homework and care for her and the baby until she is fully operational again.

Did I mention that I'm excited :Happy: and already a bit nervous, too :Smoking:

Cheers

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Well Harry,

The birth of a child is a blessed event and something that is to be cherished because, in the great scheme of things in this world, when you add up your riches...he who has family, friends and good health has everything! I hope the rest of your wife's pregnancy goes smoothly and that the two of you are blessed with a beautiful, healthy baby. Please keep in touch with all of us on your progress.

Oh yeah...the images of your wife are quite beautiful, there is truly something special about the look of a woman bearing an unborn child.

3. Harry,
    These are very special photos. Thanks for sharing. We look forward to "the news"
    dave

4. TR_Fox

TR_Fox

Jun 13, 2005
    Flagstaff AZ
    Those are wonderful.
    I can't wait to see mom and the new baby pictures.

5. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Harry,

You've captured so many moods in these pictures. What a wonderful time for you and your family. Good luck and best wishes on the birth of your child.

By the way, my oldest daughter is studying in London this semester. She just spent four days in Vienna during her Fall break. I'm going home early today for a telephone call (overe the computer), so I'll hear all about your fair city.

Take care.

Tom

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Harry,

I think a woman is most beautiful when she is pregnant. Your wife looks very happy. Leigh, is happiest when she is pregnant. I can tell that you both are going to have a wonderful family. I can see it in her eyes.

I'm so happy for you. The happiest moments of my life are the day I got married and the birth of my two boys. I'm so excited for you!!!

Regards,

7. After watching the birth process, I needed a few days in the hospital, too.

Harry, you're blessed with a beautiful wife, and your child will complete the cycle and bind you two together in ways you can't imagine...

... until he/she becomes a teenager :Crunk:. But best not too think too far ahead.

Best wishes to you and your lady!

8. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Great shots,

And I echo what Frank said about teenagers. I have a 14 yr old daughter, nuff said.

congrats,

Wade

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yeah, well one good thing is that after the baby is born, you can get back to having all the time in the world and living the carefree life.

(heh heh... :evilgrin: )

10. Oh yes - I have heard stories about fainting husbands, etc....:smile:

I think I am also blessed to have such considerate friends here in the Cafe.

When I think of what a difficult time I gave my parents - oh boy.

All in all, I am very happy that my wife feels so well during her pregnancy, considering the load she has to carry. Of course she gets tired very quickly.
    During the apple harvest she decided to just let herself drop in the grass and take an afternoon nap in the autumn sun.

original.

11. Ya Chris, after my daughter was born seven years
    ago I have more free time than ever!

Nice shots Harry! Get some sleep now before the
    baby arrives. It is a wonderful magical time, but it
    will tire you out. You will be surprised how fast they
    grow, enjoy and take lots more photos.

Cheers,
    Robin

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Harry,
    I like the first image.

Ya know this is a totally different era.
    Now 45 years ago, if someone wanted a picture of me pregnant they would get shot and I would be hiding far away in a cave. Hummmmmmm

Hey not problem. I had 4 when I was 22 and had more energy than 5 people. Peice of cake :>)))

You two will do just fine.

Can't wait for the pics of the Newbeee.. What kind of camera will the wee one hold first :>))))

Cheers and best wishes. Health and Happiness

13. Congratulations Harry. I know from being a mom how beautiful it is to be pregnant and what a joy it is when they are born. The feeling overwhelming. So Harry is this you and your wife's first baby?

14. Beautiful shots of your wife! I find pregnant women to be excellent photo subjects. Something about the transition of a woman to a mother is quite metamorphic in a good way!

Makes me want to get married and have children! :smile:

15. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Those are some of the coolest photos I have seen here at the Cafe...
    Don't let Uncle Frank scare you to much about the birth.. :smile:
    I made it though 3 births of my daughters... Now as a father of teenage daughters it does get a lot scary when some scruffy looking kid shows up wanting to take one of them out for a date... :eek:
    But you will get used to that too...

Side note to Jonathan, I think you would be a pretty cool Dad.. Just seeing the pictures of you with your nephews makes that pretty clear.

16. Wonderful photos Harry...

Your wife looks lovely and VERY happy... and I can imagine how YOU feel...

Keep us posted... :wink:

17. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

18. Thanks Gale!

I can well imagine that taking pics of that sort was a different issue 45 years ago and even worse earlier (from what my 90 year old Grandma told me).

You are right - two is just fine, but let's get this one first and then think of the next one :smile:
    Cheers

19. Melissa, thanks. Yes, it is our first. Although, I have a bit of experience in this matter (25 years ago, though). My sister was 17 when she got her baby and still had to finish her last year at school. So, together with my grandma I took care of my niece and I have to admit, it was a very nice experience. Above all, it really fastened the bondage between me and my niece - I am her favorite uncle.

20. Dave, I appreciate your compliments (as all others). It was hard for me to judge the quality of the pics objectively because they are so dear to me from a personal point of view.

BTW - it's not so easy to scare me.
    Cheers