These S*ck But It's A Perigrine

The sun really hadn't come up and it was cloudy anyways, so these are low light....Hi-1 ISO and the bird barely filled the center sensor so they are absolutely huge crops. I had to NR tuened to OFF.

At least it's my first marsh perigrine sighting this fall...so share in my excitiement that I located one and forgo commenting on the depplorable quality :)

If I wasn't among friends...you'd never even see these!

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 14113

View attachment 14114

View attachment 14115

My gosh, you are human Jim. I thought all of your shots were of museum quality. Congratulations on getting a Perigrine in your finder and for letting us see the results. I took an image of a road runner yesterday with my 17-55mm lens and not only did it just barely fill the center spot on the lens it was grossley overexposed because I had forgotten that my camera was set on Manual. And you thought your images were poorly done! :lol: :lol: I think yours are super.

Re: Gordon

jfenton said:
Can you say "ACE CHIMPER"???????????????????????????????

I can say it but obviously I didn't do it. Just before the shot came into view I was thinking that I should put on my 70-200mm lens but alas I didn't do will with that either. JUST WAIT UNTIL NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jim,

I did not know that you knew how to shoot a bird when it was not flying :lol: Very well done for the conditions.
One of my very first posts here on the Cafe back in February was much much worse photos of a Falcon in flight. I finally got some better ones, but they were at the zoo of a tethered one on a perch! :oops:
Good luck on the show.
Bob

Jim,
I dearly love the peregrine falcon.

Rochester NY on the Kodak building has a nest, and I view that every year now for 4 years and watch the entire sequence on them live cam from the mating box to fledge.

www.kodak.com

Yes these are long distance and the first viewing is great. They are beautiful, and a wonderful Falcon and the fastest in the world.

thank you for sharing your first views of thier return.

Hope you are able to really get some great ones of them..
They have to be a great challenge.. Fast Birds.

You can get the bio of them if you don't know, which you prob do on the Kodak site.

The 3rd shot is so typical of one of thier poses.

Thank You

Latest threads

Top Bottom