These Suckers Are Fast

Well....The egret wasn't thankfully because this was actually before the sun had risen above the ocean behind me...
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The swallows started massing in the sky...
original.jpg

Then in the bushes....
original.jpg

As you might well imagine, landing spots were at a premium. I think that these two are discussing whether or not to let this guy land...
original.jpg

Then I decided to challenge myself and go after single target flight shots. Not entirely happy with the results but as fast as these birds are, I'm not entirely unhappy either...
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Uhhhhh, I wouldn't be unhappy either. :rolleyes:

Other that documenting the sight, I'm not a big massed bird fan, but your individual flight shots (and the one of the guy looking for a landing spot too :smile:) are great.

Frank

Frank....

You really need to start expanding your horizons and being less of an ALABAMANIAN.

If you don't like massed birds....don't ever go to Bosque and witness mother nature at her finest.

I mean....geez...how boring you'd find it with half a million snow geese all blasting off at once or thousands of sand hill cranes flying over your head in the morning and again in the afternoon no less.

Swallows can't help it if they're small.

Don't got nuthin' to do with AL. I just like shots of solitary birds. :smile:

Why do you think I go down to FL instead of Bosque?? Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing your (or Gordon's or anyone else's) shots, but pointing a cam at a sky full of birds and pulling the trigger just doesn't give me the same rush as acquiring, tracking, and locking in on one single, isolated subject. Different strokes I guess. :wink:

Hi Jim, those last five flight images are really super. I love the last one where the bird looks like he is looking right at you. Very nice indeed.

G

Gordon Large

Hey Jim -

Sorry I didn't see these earlier. If you aren't entirely happy with those flight shots, then I have no choice but to commit suicide over mine. :wink: :wink: All great captures.

Gordon

Latest threads

Top Bottom