TheSharpestImage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jklofft, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I would suspect that it is a compilation of the writer's own test results and his own conclusions. With a little time and effort, I think anyone could duplicate the tests and form their own conclusions. I also suspect there is nothing new or earthshattering in what he says, and I think the info can be culled from other sources. I also question who he is and what qualifies him to do the testing and make his conclusions, beyond his opinions. I'm always wary of things like this, they use vague references, don't offer any concrete sample info and seem more interested in your money.

2. Thats pretty much the answer you will get.
    I would be careful purchasing from self described
    experts. What you are paying for are his opinions
    and general common sense.

Get a good tripod, a cable release and save your
    money.

Cheers,
    Robin

3. I'm with Robin on this one. All of those questions can be answered by a good technician, at a good camera store, ie: the better the tripod, the sharper the picture because the more stable the camera will be and by a lot of the really great photographers on this forum.

If there's high wind, hang a weight from the centre column. Don't buy a cheap tripod - they won't be stable. If handholding, an especially long lense, use another technique rather than just camera in one hand and lens resting in the other (see Ron Reznick's site). I just gave you $5.00 worth of advice - please post cheque in the mail by 5:00 pm *LOL* A lot of it is all just common sense, as Robin says.

4. That's what I thought too, but I thought I'd ask.

5. Jeff,

I bought the article. It was interesting, but not worth the money. Basically it confirms that if you buy top quality lenses, use a STURDY tripod, use mirror lockup and a remote release your images will be sharp. I know this is an over simplification, but that's pretty much what the article states. I will give the guy credit, he sure put a lot of work into his testing.

6. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Me too

I bought it also. Found it interesting but not worth the price. I suppose for those so inexperienced they could not duplicate his exercise, it might be helpful but it wasn't worth it to me.

7. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    I use the timer function to prevent camera shake on tripod (I don't have mirror lockup on the D70 :Sad: ). However, I don't know if this works in combination with mirror lockup. If yes, this could be a way to work without remote.