They call it "The City Beautiful"

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Kevin Scott, Jul 16, 2005.

1. and this is one of the reasons. A view of downtown Orlando from Lake Eola.
    Taken with the 35-70 @ 35mm
    [​IMG]

And a shot of the fountain in the middle of the lake. Taken with the 80-200 @ 80mm
    [​IMG]

It's a popular place for residents to either stroll or jog around the lake. Many today were just laying around in the grass having a picnic.

2. WOW.....Kevin!! Very nice shots. I love the fountain!! :D  :D  :D 

3. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    It is a beautiful city. I still think the Orlando Airport is the most beautiful in the country.

C

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Kev...were you using a CP filter? The clouds are beautiful...great images. Great fountain!

5. Thanks Bryan. I don't get downtown too often but enjoyed my afternoon there.

I agree, Cory, about the airport. When I traveled alot before, I was always glad to come home. The airport is so bright and airy and pretty well organized and efficient, if not huge!

Hey Frank! Thanks for the kind words. No, no polarizer used. In fact when I was looking at them yesterday I was thinking I should probably get one. I have one from my old film days but not the right size. I thought the sky was pretty incredible yesterday. Then it was gone in a flash as the thunderheads rolled in. I can say, though, that up to the point of the afternoon showers, we have some of the most incredible cloud formations I've seen. Living in between the Atlantic breeze and the Gulf breeze, we're treated to great formations, along with tremendous thunderstorms. Lightning capital of the world, they say! ;) 

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice stuff Kevin...

Like the first one alot.

7. Thanks Gale! I'm not much of a landscape photog but had fun playing around. May have to start looking into a true wide angle lens. ;) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.