They laughed at me...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Jul 17, 2005.

1. I missed flight shots AGAIN! There were 12 sandhills in a retention area by the high school. Mary and I stopped. I missed a flight shot so they laughed at me.

original.

Mary caught the ones coming in that made these guys laugh:
    original.
    need a 70-200vr as the shutter was 1/180th

this must have been an alpha male as he was chasing others around, bossing them.:
    original.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I can't say which aspect I enjoyed more, the images or the narrations. You always amaze me with your bird captures, Harris...but this thread was special because of the story that you told. Great Stuff!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Harris,

the last one looks like the road runner LOLOL

Good stuff thanks for sharing.

Met Harry's neighborhood Sandhills in a yard today.

Should have put on the 70-200 VR but got them with the 80-400 VR.. Just kept backing up LOLOL

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    LOL.... :lol:

5. Thanks Frank, if you saw what I do sometimes to get shots, you'd laugh even more than they did. I would love to use a tripod, but I have to move so much at times, a monopod is all I can use. At times, these birds wander right up to me. People are honking horns saying stupid things. While taking these shots some idiot yelled something to the effect of where was my concern for them when the high school was being built. *** that meant.

6. Great series Harris, you should work in the Ad Industry, you're a great story-teller... and a great photog as well... I bet ALL the birds in FLA know that by now ;-)

7. I sometimes wonder if they do recognize me or not. Hmmm

Thanks.

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

9. Sure widh i had the access to the birds that you do, love the first shot tell Mary that is she gets a gitzo and Wimberly head she will get better shots

10. #1. I can feel your pain, having Mary get the flight shot. Not that I am still holding any annoyance about Nancy getting the first decent Osprey flight shot while we in FL, or no, not me........ :oops:

#2. Next time please make sure you get Audio for us as well. I'm sure the laughter was quite humorous, and well-deserved :lol: :lol:

#3. Mary, between you and Nancy, Harris and I are in BIG trouble now..... :wink:

11. jaminphoto

jaminphoto

Jul 7, 2005
    SF Bay area
    I like the first photo. Really nice with the mirror image and out of focus on the left one. Nicely done.

--ricardo

12. *LOL* Good series, Harris. Pay no attention to what others are yelling. Usually their brains aren't fully developed yet. I once got flack from another kayak for 'bothering' the swans, even though I'd paddle away and the swans, with their cygnet, would follow me! They just liked being around me because I spoke to them and they seem to like it!