They Were Thrilled

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greyflash, Mar 15, 2005.

1. In the ongoing saga of my paid gig taking pictures of the Heritage Choir, they were thrilled. The initial sale will run into the hundreds of dollars and discussions were initiated about me traveling with the Choir on their foreign trips. The sales from these pictures will be ongoing as they use images for all of their publicity when they travel to other states. This is my biggest coup to date. Images may be seen on my website.

Thanks for all of your comments, critique, help, and just general support.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Congrats Gordo!!

3. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Congrat, Gordon!

You really captured some good moments and expressions. WB and exposure is also right on the money.

Way to go!

Tom

4. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Just got done looking at the thumb on pbase and
    they look like they turned out VERY nice. After
    dinner I will come back and look at the large sizes.

5. Congratulations Gordon!! You did a really good job!! :D :D :D :D

6. Gordon, that's fantastic! Congratulations... sounds like a neat adventure you're starting.

7. Congratulations Gordon, I am thrilled for ya, what a great opportunity

8. Gordon,

You are going Pro, my friend :)

9. Way to go Gordon!! :D

10. Wow, thanks to everyone for your kind and generous comments. I really appreciate the support and encouragement I have recieved. Just as a side note it is kind of interesting how one thing leads to another and all of the sudden you find your self in demand. Not that I am there YET but it is moving in that direction. Word of mouth advertising is working great, especially in this relatively small town. I have already booked another Youth Spectacular event where young men and women in this area will be performing. I started off doing a couple of events for free and it is beginning to mushroom. Too bad I had to wait until I was 70 to figure this out. You gotta love digital and the ease of displaying and selling your images.

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Gordon,

Need an assistant?? 8)

Frank

12. At my age Frank I need all the assistance I can get. How are you at carrying equipment bags?? :lol: :lol:

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gordon,

For the right $$, I could be very good.... :p

Frank

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Bless you Gordon,

Well done.

Red eeekkk what a challenge. Good job.

Regards
    Gale

15. Gordon,

You did good!! You managed to capture the mood of the moment. Your exposure,and lighting is great. I for one would love to know a few details of how you managed to get these great shots. Were you able to do some test shots before the performance?

Keep it up!

Chet

16. Thanks Chet, I appreciate your comments. I did get there early and as the choir was warming up I was able to get several shots with my 17-55mm f2.8 lens using fill flash and the available light. After the performance started I shot with available light only and used my 70-200mm f2.8 VR lens. All shots were handheld. Available light shots were at ISO 800 and the fill flash shots at ISO 200. Even though I am shooting with the dreaded D2H I didn't think the noise was too bad on the ISO 800 images.

17. Way to go Gordo - you are the man!

I went through your photos - love the colours.

18. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Don't forget to show the Mrs the profits ;c)

Showing her concrete proof that you hobby & all the expensive quipment is paying for itself could be a real feather in your cap down the road when you want to buy the next piece of equipment! Good going Gordon!

19. Just looked at the images you posted on your webeite. Hey they are just fantastic, really well done!!

20. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Gordon,

I am very happy for you :D

What a great opportunity for you and you'll also get to travel.

I'm older than you but I would be a wonderful assistant... we could show those young 'whippersnappers' how to take pictures :!: :!: :!:

I wish you the best and really am happy about your new life adventure!

Gaye

PS.. I looked through all your gallery photos.. WOW, sure know why the choir is happy with them...