They Were Thrilled

In the ongoing saga of my paid gig taking pictures of the Heritage Choir, they were thrilled. The initial sale will run into the hundreds of dollars and discussions were initiated about me traveling with the Choir on their foreign trips. The sales from these pictures will be ongoing as they use images for all of their publicity when they travel to other states. This is my biggest coup to date. Images may be seen on my website.

Thanks for all of your comments, critique, help, and just general support.

Congrat, Gordon!

You really captured some good moments and expressions. WB and exposure is also right on the money.

Way to go!

Tom

Wow, thanks to everyone for your kind and generous comments. I really appreciate the support and encouragement I have recieved. Just as a side note it is kind of interesting how one thing leads to another and all of the sudden you find your self in demand. Not that I am there YET but it is moving in that direction. Word of mouth advertising is working great, especially in this relatively small town. I have already booked another Youth Spectacular event where young men and women in this area will be performing. I started off doing a couple of events for free and it is beginning to mushroom. Too bad I had to wait until I was 70 to figure this out. You gotta love digital and the ease of displaying and selling your images.

greyflash said:
Flew said:
Hey Gordon,

Need an assistant?? 8)

Frank
At my age Frank I need all the assistance I can get. How are you at carrying equipment bags?? :lol: :lol:
Gordon,

For the right $$, I could be very good.... :p

Frank

Gordon,

You did good!! You managed to capture the mood of the moment. Your exposure,and lighting is great. I for one would love to know a few details of how you managed to get these great shots. Were you able to do some test shots before the performance?

Keep it up!

Chet

Thanks Chet, I appreciate your comments. I did get there early and as the choir was warming up I was able to get several shots with my 17-55mm f2.8 lens using fill flash and the available light. After the performance started I shot with available light only and used my 70-200mm f2.8 VR lens. All shots were handheld. Available light shots were at ISO 800 and the fill flash shots at ISO 200. Even though I am shooting with the dreaded D2H I didn't think the noise was too bad on the ISO 800 images.

Don't forget to show the Mrs the profits ;c)

Showing her concrete proof that you hobby & all the expensive quipment is paying for itself could be a real feather in your cap down the road when you want to buy the next piece of equipment! Good going Gordon!

Hi Gordon,

I am very happy for you :D

What a great opportunity for you and you'll also get to travel.

I'm older than you but I would be a wonderful assistant... we could show those young 'whippersnappers' how to take pictures :!: :!: :!:

I wish you the best and really am happy about your new life adventure!

Gaye

PS.. I looked through all your gallery photos.. WOW, sure know why the choir is happy with them...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom