Think photographers have it rough?

Wowzers.
I got to be careful on my next NYC visit.
Don't want to get a ticket for walking down the sidewalk using both my legs.

Anybody care to C&P the text? Site is blocked.

Basically two women we in a park.
Cop comes along and asks them questions.
Then tickets them for being in a park without kids.

It appears that there are no signs on the park saying it is a playground. In NYC, I guess you have to have kids with you to be in a playground.

As always, anytime a cop come up to talk to you you should refuse to talk with them unless you have a lawyer present.

I did not know in a NYC park illegal procession of donuts with intent to eat is a crime. It's true A policeman's is is not a happy one. Thanks for posting.

I guess I'll have to watch out for breathing oxygen near private property. Wouldn't want to be get a ticket for stealing or trespassing.

your sure you people live in a free country...

Not anymore. This whole thing is stupid. You can point a finger at the Gothamist (and they may have an adgenda) but I saw the photo of the sign. The first rule says something to the effect of "No adults not accompanying kids". Wow. I don't know what to say.

Really - it's like the other thread about the cyclist getting a ticket. A thinking cop would have made the distinction, asked the ladies to leave, and gone on to do something worthwhile. It seems like PDs are training robots now, not thinking people. Sure, one can site, not totally unreasonably, that laws don't want to be enforced selectively - but sometimes an ounce of common sense on the side of enforcement goes a long way towards community support. More and more we're seeing scenarios played out where our "public safety officers" are nothing more than patrolling ticket writing machines perfectly willing to pass by people stranded on the side of the hwy to do their part to generate income. To be perfectly clear, LEOs do a hard thankless job, and I am NOT stereotyping as there are MANY who take the job very seriously and do it well. This does NOT appear to be the case here, however...

Yes, after seeing a similar sign (this was identified as a different, better worded sample than the one at the park in question) it's harder to be sympathetic - but there was no suspicious behavior, (like it or not) there was no "profile" to fit here, and no potential good was done.

I undertand the reasoning behind it all, to protect children, but how far will this go? Why not after all make it illegal to stand next to a child that isn't yours, just in case…

Anyway, maybe they should've told the police officers they were just eating a doughnut. That might have helped their case. :biggrin:

Real Name
Carl
What charge? Mopery With Intent? Welcome to Da BIG Apple!

Just imagine if they'd been carying CAMERAS!:eek:

Not anymore. This whole thing is stupid. You can point a finger at the Gothamist (and they may have an adgenda) but I saw the photo of the sign. The first rule says something to the effect of "No adults not accompanying kids". Wow. I don't know what to say.

Yep - unbelievable that those laws even exist! Let alone the attitude of those "protecting" their society. :Angry:

Latest threads

Top Bottom