Think Tank bag big enough?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by jafo, Sep 25, 2008.

1. jafo

jafo

Jun 11, 2008
    Chatsworth, CA
    I have the Think Tank Digital Holster 20 and was wondering if it will hold the D300 with the Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 with the Nikon TC-14E II attached when the bag is extended. I use it with the 70-200 mounted and the lens hood reversed, and it fits nicely. Just wondering if the extra length imposed by the teleconverter means I need a larger bag when I just want to leave it mounted all day.

2. Anyone using the TT holster 20??? Just ordered one.

3. Just got my TT holster 20. I put my D200 and nikon 17-55 in (with hood reversed) and its a very snug fit. But it doesn't seem like there is enough romm to get my camera strap in there and get it shut. Anyone else using the 20? thanks!

4. WayneF

WayneF

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas
    Dunno, but I doubt it. With just the 70-200 alone, you can feel from outside that the lens cap is very near the bottom. I'd say no chance of the extension, but have not seen one. My opinion is that the hood doesn't fit either. You can get it in there, but it comes off trying to get it out.

icjogger, the 24-70mm lens is more than 3/4 inch longer, and it just fits with D300 without the hood, and without extending the bottom. Hood again is bit too large diameter. You just put the camera in the DH20, with the strap outside, then shut the "inner door flap" over it (to protect LCD I suppose), and fold the strap above it. It will zip up OK that way. The trick is folding the strap "flat".

I dont much like the DH20, not awesome. I wanted a single lens walkabout (16-85 probably), and not sure anything else would be better, but it seems awkward, and no room for anything else. All I want is one 67mm polarizer filter, but it is in a 3.5x4.5 inch plastic box, and no way. Even if the lid pocket closed on it, it probably would interfere with the strap.

5. Thanks Wayne.....I'v e already returned by DH20 and ordered a DH 30.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.