Think they'd offer a D300 buffer upgrade?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Kadath, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Kadath

Kadath

Nov 21, 2007
    NJ
    Would be a nice surprise, eh? Would you do it?

Personally I'd pass, I've never filled my buffer yet, but it'd be a neat option for those shooting sports with the D300.

2. digitalzed

digitalzed

May 14, 2006
    N. Cal
    Nikon has routinely ignored their "pro-sumer" cameras like the D100, 200, and now 300 when it comes to major (I said major, not incremental) firmware upgrades and things like the D3 buffer upgrade. I'd be floored if they started now. Would I do it? Not at 500.00!

3. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    If I were Nikon I would introduce a D3S version in September at Photokina with the bigger buffer preinstalled and perhaps 10 FPS speed in FX mode.

As some reputable dealers are already selling the D3 USA version at 3899 I'd try to price the D3S to something like 4299 and let the original D3 slide to 3599 while supplies last. This would create new interest and new revenue with minimal r&d cost.

As of the lower models, I don't recall any hardware upgrades in the past.

4. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

why would anyone buy a d700 when they could have the d3 for 599 extra?i dont see them doing their pricing in this way.

5. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Links?

6. No it won't happen. You pay for what you get!

7. I agree, seriously doubt it will happen, If your running into a buffer problen you best bet is to use UMDA cards. Much faster clearing the buffer

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.