Thinking of Kevin

Discussion in 'Birds' started by HarryB, Nov 21, 2005.

1. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hi Y'all,

I bopped down to the Viera Wetlands this morning. As I was driving around I thought of how Kevin hasn't been able to get an eagle shot there yet when I saw this fella hanging out on the observation deck.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Golly, I wish Kevin had been here" I thought. I drove a little bit more and I ran into this scene on one of the trees.
    [​IMG]

I hung out and took a couple of hundred pictures or so.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I really felt bad that Kevin wasn't with me. The eagle shots did make me feel a bit better though. :biggrin: Sorry Kevin.

2. I'm so mad I could just spit, to coin one of my mom's phrases! :mad:

It's a good thing I like you Mr. Harry Behret! It does my heart good to think that I was the first thing you thought of when seeing said subject matter! :rolleyes: One of these days, one of these days!

Beautiful shots, nonetheless! And I still like you, even if you are a mean old man with a big lens! :eek:

Kindest regards,
    :wink:

3. Oh, and btw, it looks like you've got some dust bunnies on shot #7. Maybe you should spend some more time on equipment upkeep rather than wandering around Viera aimlessly....:tongue:

{hope you know I'm kidding....just insanely jealous!:wink: }

4. And now that I've had some time to think about it and cool down some, don't talk to me anymore!

{still kidding}

5. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Kevin I don't blame ya at all. Its just not fair. I did have a long talk with the eagles and told them I expected an appearance from them on your next visit.

I know about the dust bunnies. I've been cloning them out of my shots all morning. I'm breaking out the Eclipse and Tec pads now.

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Kevin buddy I've been threating to take down that accursed tree for some time!! :Dizzy: :Unsure: :Angry:

So anytime your ready for some covert operations, give me a jingle :biggrin: :rolleyes: I'll bring chainsaw and camo paint

Ok Harry these are some fine Eagles, no they are Rockin!!
    You are a lucky man to be there to catch them and yes truth be known we here are lucky that you share with us!

7. Harry, what great shots. Got to get down there again and get some Eagle shots with you.

louie

8. Harry, is your D2H working? I see that these shots were taken with the H.

9. does Kevin have a cell phone?
    does it work??
    did you give him a jingle????
    Great shots BTW

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shots Harry. I've been over to the dam three straight times looking for our Eagles with no luck, and you get great shot after great shot after great shot. :rolleyes:

Just a note to Dave -- He didn't give me a jingle either. :tongue:

11. Yes & he has the #
    Yes & he has the #
    Of course he didn't & he has the #. Probably afraid I'd show up hootin' and hollerin' and scare the buggers away!...:biggrin:

Thanks for the sympathy, Dave! :wink:

12. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Ben,

Got you fooled they were on a tree but not THE TREE. In fact THE TREE has been fairly quiet lately. I'm hoping that this is just a temporary slump.

Thanks.

13. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thanks Louie. Hopefully you will be able to make Merritt III and nail some of those eagles.

The D2h seems to be metering correctly again. I expect it to stop sooner or later. Its just a matter of waiting for the second shoe to drop. Then Nikon and myself will have a serious conversation.

14. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    I would have called Kevin but I realized the possible consequences of such an act. Kevin is about a 40 minute drive away. He would have drove at excessive speeds risking an accident and/or a ticket. I wouldn't do that to the lad. :biggrin:

Thanks Dave.

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    NG Scrapbook again.
    Ain't not stinkin Eagles out there :>)))

16. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Thank you Frank and I hope your eagle shortage ends soon. If it doesn't I may be able to Fed-ex you one of our surplus eagles if the price is right. :biggrin:

17. I'm beginning to believe you, Gale! :tongue:

Save your money, Frank, just get a back copy of National Geographic. It's staged....it's all staged!!! :wink:

18. Ok I am calling for a time out. This is just not fair for one person to post so many great shots. Ok time in, keep them coming. Great job by the way.

19. bfjr

bfjr Guest

THE TREE not the tree what's the diff ?? :confused:
    Sounds to me like there's a riot afoot, you better be nice to us at Merritt III :biggrin:
    A round of pineapple pizza for the house and double helping for that Baldy in the corner!!!

20. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    There you go again Gale. Geez it, I can't help it if the eagles like me. :biggrin: