Thinking of selling my 70-200 f/2.8 E and picking up the 70-200 f/2.8 S

When, hopefully it comes out. The E is a great lens on the F mount systems..but the reviews for the S version are fantastic. And...I love the Nikon Z mirrorless system so I'm salivating at the possibilities when coupled with this new 70-200 S. Probably wouldn't make the move unless I could sell the E version.
Thoughts? Opinions?

If I were shooting a Z camera, I would plan to move my key lenses from F mount to Z mount.
And the 70-200 would be one of those lenses.
As you said, I would use the F mount lens with a FTZ adapter, until I could financially swing the Z mount lens.

Real Name
Randy
I’m waiting since I still shoot 3 DSLR and I don’t use my 70-200e that much anyway but the 70-200 z is probably even better as hard as that is to believe

I’m waiting since I still shoot 3 DSLR and I don’t use my 70-200e that much anyway but the 70-200 z is probably even better as hard as that is to believe
The reviews that I've read indicate that the 70-200 s lens is stellar. I'm like you don't use the e 70-200 as often as I used to ( blame the 300 and 500pf lenses) but I'm very interested in the s version when it becomes available.

Have the E, but not the S. In his review Thom Hogan finds little difference between the two optically and struggles to recommend the S version to E owners. His exception is those who use teleconverters. Apparently the S teleconverters have superior performance to the F versions.

Have the E, but not the S. In his review Thom Hogan finds little difference between the two optically and struggles to recommend the S version to E owners. His exception is those who use teleconverters. Apparently the S teleconverters have superior performance to the F versions.
Hmmm...for me in practice, the S version is an improvement on the exceptional E lens - sharper edge to edge, focus acquisition a hair faster. Just what I have found to be.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom