Third Party MB-D200?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by jbear, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Has anybody seen or tried these? They're going for around $100 on the auction site. I am wondering if its junk or worthwhile.

2. Hey JBear! I think the FotoDiox "Pro" series with the built in long-exp meter might be useful, but I'm still skeptical and the $200 price tag doesn't exactly make me excited about it either.

3. Thanks...I think I may just get an MBD200 unless someone says the thirds are just as good.

4. I think if you look around you can get the MB-D200 for a pretty good deal, I recently got mine for $120 shipped/paypalled which is close enough to make 3rd parties useless.

5. eteam

eteam Guest

3rd party vs. OEM MB-D200

The biggest difference between Nikon and 3rd party battery/grips is this:

The Nikon MB-D200 will auto-switch between the two batteries, and the 3rd party design (two that I've seen so far) require manual switchover.

If you use the D200 for long-sequence time-lapse, unattended, then the 3rd party grip does nothing for you. The Nikon MB-D200 doubles the time lapse sequence length, in this case.

Now for lots of you, this is a "don't care". For me, this is one of the only cases that I really really want/need to use the MB-D200.

- Bob Elkind

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.