third party replacements for Nikon Lithium ion batteries

Does anyone have any experience with third-party lithium ion batteries?
Specifically, I'm trying to research whether Watson B3406 batteries are a good substitute for Nikon EN EL4a batteries in Nikon D3 cameras.
Please and thank you.
Robert

Robert, When I got my D810 from B&H they included an extra battery for free, a Watson N-El15 equivalent. It went south very quickly, not holding a charge. I wrote a negative comment on B&Hs review board and they and Watson contacted me and sent me a replacement. The replacement worked just fine and is still chugging along just fine 2-3 years later.

I also got a Watson battery from B&H when I bought my D800. So far I haven't seen any difference between it and the Nikon battery. No complaints about it.

I've used Watson & Wasabi brand batteries for many years & never had a problem. Until a couple of days ago when a Wasabi battery decided to swell up in my Nikon J5. With a bit of effort I got the offending battery out.

I contacted Bluenook who sold the battery & they had a replacement to me in a couple of days. They are good folks who stand behind their product. I'll continue to use their batteries.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom