1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

third party replacements for Nikon Lithium ion batteries

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by rbsinto, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Does anyone have any experience with third-party lithium ion batteries?
    Specifically, I'm trying to research whether Watson B3406 batteries are a good substitute for Nikon EN EL4a batteries in Nikon D3 cameras.
    Please and thank you.
    Robert

2. Robert, When I got my D810 from B&H they included an extra battery for free, a Watson N-El15 equivalent. It went south very quickly, not holding a charge. I wrote a negative comment on B&Hs review board and they and Watson contacted me and sent me a replacement. The replacement worked just fine and is still chugging along just fine 2-3 years later.

3. I've had good luck using DSTE and Wasabi brand batteries which can be purchased either through Amazon or Ebay.

4. nu2scene

nu2scene

Sep 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I also got a Watson battery from B&H when I bought my D800. So far I haven't seen any difference between it and the Nikon battery. No complaints about it.

5. crashton

crashton

Apr 11, 2010
    Ohio USA
    I've used Watson & Wasabi brand batteries for many years & never had a problem. Until a couple of days ago when a Wasabi battery decided to swell up in my Nikon J5. With a bit of effort I got the offending battery out.

I contacted Bluenook who sold the battery & they had a replacement to me in a couple of days. They are good folks who stand behind their product. I'll continue to use their batteries.

6. Ditto Watson from BH. Works fine.

7. Thank you all for your help.
    Robert

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.