Third Time Lucky........I hope

Discussion in 'Birds' started by David Collignon, May 5, 2005.

1. I had the opportunity of going north of Winnipeg to a place called Narcisse. Narcisse is home to one of the world largest collection of garter snakes. These snakes hibernate in the underground caves through the winter months and surface in early May for their mating ritual.They then leave the dens for the summer months and travel into marsh areas approixmately 60 miles around this area only to return in the fall to hibernate. There have been as many as 20,000 garter snakes at any one time in the caves. It was incredible to witness and if the weather is good we will go back this weekend to get more photos.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Oh I couldn't handle that. yeeeeshhhh

(got spaghetti sauce)

3. I didn't think that I could either...but it was really neat. There was a conservation officer up there and they would let you hold them. I did...which was shocking again for myself.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    David,

I finally got back to the computer. You fixed it!! What was wrong?

Wonderful shot BTW (if you like snakes....;-)).

5. Not sure Frank. I had Mr. Barber walk me through and it worked. I do know you were correct that by pbase was password secured. We changed that and everything was great.
    Thank for the assistance

6. Hi David,

They did a piece on our local TV about those snakes. It looks like a really interesting place to visit - (although my wife wouldn't think so). Show us some more from this weekend.

7. Yep, have to say I didnt miss those little guys when I lived in Saskatchewan or the red racers for that matter...........many moons ago, use to babysit a child who had a infatuation with snakes. YOu know those kid horsies on springs, he filled one up, had to be hundreds, and they died in there. Sure glad I wasnt the parents.......ahhhhhhh Dont know why I shared that, but great capture!

8. Wow, it reminds me of an Indiana Jones movie. I work with exotic animals on a daily basis, but I don't think I could jump into that snake pile without shreiking like a little girl.

9. Thanks Guys,
    I have a few more shots but hope to improve on some Saturday. Not sure I am a snake lover either ...but these guys are pretty harmless.
    Till them
    Thanks

10. I really like snakes, and I think this is just grand. Garter snakes are such friendly little fellows, cool and snuggly :lol:

However, I just can't make Heads nor Tails of this image. Are you sure you posted it right side up :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Cool.......yet another new thing I've learned today......