This AM--D2X 12-24 Nikkor

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by pbenedic, Apr 12, 2005.

1. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    The first one is a killer shot. Hello wall hanger
    Beautifyl.

3. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Gorgeous light. Minor nit on the first shot, clone out the minor branch on the bottom right please.

4. Very nice images captured in great light.

5. Very nice Pat. Your last image is amazing!! :D :D :D :D

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Pat,

Just another example of the shots that this great lens can produce. You should be very happy with this combo. Maybe someday, I'll even have one.... :lol:

Beauties. :wink:

Regards,

Frank

7. Bah, it couldn't have been that cold - the water's not frozen :lol:

Very nice shots though !

8. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Absolutely beautiful. I'm a sucker for areas like that and really envious of those fortunate enough to be there.

I'd be happy just sitting there.

9. Good shots, Pat. I'm seriously thinking of getting the 12-14 but I've already got the 17-55 so I think I need to play with it more to see if it provides me with what I want or if I really do need less than the 17mm.
    Great sky in the first, I love the second for the warmth of the rising sun, and the third has amazing colours and dynamic range. One little hint for the third one - straighten up the horizon as the pic tilts a touch to the right. Photoshop? measure tool (third tool under eyedropper), draw line along horizon, Image>RotateCanvas>Aribrary>OK and it will be perfectly straight.
    And you can get those gloves with the fingertips missing and a mitten folder over top - they look totally nerdy but sure have saved my fingers in early morning/late day shots, or if you want the he-man approach, get those little pocket warmers where you open the packet, shake it up and it stays warm for over an hour. You can stay out later and get more shots! *LOL*

10. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks for comments!!

People here really help with constructive criticism.
    That first shot is one of those that you've driven by a million times and said "someday, I'd like to be at this place with perfect lighting to snap a photo". I finally made it at that particular time to this place.

12-24 is a blast.