This could happen to you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sonuj2, Jul 2, 2008.

1. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    A buddy of mine forwarded this to me and I thought it was funny:

I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying:
    'Hi, how are you?'

I'm not the type to start a conversation in the restroom. I don't know what got into me, but I answered, somewhat embarrassed,
    'Doin' just fine!'

And the other person says:
    'So what are you up to?'

What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is too bizarre so I say:
    'Uhhh, I'm like you, just sitting here.'

At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question:
    'Can I come over?'

Ok, this question is just too weird for me. I figured I should end the conversation. I say:
    'No........I'm not the kind you are thinking!!!'

Then I hear the person say, nervously:
    'Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions!!'

2. :biggrin:

3. Sentaor Larry Craig?:biggrin:

4. Don't know about Larry but my idea of getting lucky in a public restroom is having a water tap that works.:biggrin:

Cheers

Ted:smile:

5. And clean paper towels... :smile:

6. Larry Craig is our senior senator who was caught "playing footsie" with an undercover cop in a Minneapolis airport restroom stall!

But back to cell phones---- so many times I have responded to people walking down the street, apparently talking to themselves, but it is only after I say a few words that I notice the startrek contraption on their ear!

Actually what is worse, is listening in on very private cell conversations--usually at an airport--of someone with the volume turned up. Why do we talk louder on cell phones than on landlines???:confused:

7. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    At my age, I'm pretty happy if MY tap works!

8. Beer and coffee--the Draino of the aged!