This could have been....

This was probably a once in a lifetime encounter. It could have been great if the photographer had been paying attention to the task of photographing the image, but the photographer allowed the camera to focus on something other than the subject, and the opportunity to take another of this scene disappeared. The rest of the pictures cannot compare to this pose.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well
You got the shot.
Sorry you lost what you wanted though

Nice shot regardless:>)))
They stay still for 2 seconds:>)))

Where were you when this was taken?

I know this isn't as perfect as you would have liked sharpness wise but at least on the web it doesn't look like a total loss. I've missed a many over the years so I can sympathize.

Great capture, it shows you have passion and emotion. As said before, been there and done that. At least you have an image, I've done worse.

If you never made a mistake, what lessons would you have learned? I have earned a "master class" award for lost opportunities! Don't sweat it and definitely don't beat yourself up over it, but take the lesson offered....

Thanks

I appreciate your consoling comments.

The pictures were taken in the Smokies, along Abrams Creek in Cades Cove, between the falls and the bridge on loop road. I had seen some evidence of beavers at work, and I was trying to locate them.

I have read there are otters in Abrams Creek below the falls.

Here is another image taken, when I succeeded in operating the camera.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Frank:

I'll be at the Botanical Garden Saturday.

The Botanical Garden has Tom and Pat Cory put on two workshops a year. In the spring its on macro photography and in the fall its environmental portraits. I think theyeach cost $40.

I have heard them before and they take great pictures and are quite interesting.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom