This Free Photoshop Clone May Have You Canceling Your Adobe Subscription

It is a web browser based program (you have to go to their website and to use it).

If you think they aren't collecting analytics on you, (which I suppose includes what kind of cameras, lenses, locations, anything in the EXIF) then you don't understand the internet.

It is not clear what their relationship is with Imgur (see their terms of service). While they claim that you are not giving up copyright, I somehow suspect that your images are still being catalogued by them.

You gotta deal with ads unless you pay per month and I'm sure they are still collecting all kinds of information on you...

I refuse to use web based programs, for anything important, or with a LOT of data.
If the internet is down or if you don't have internet connection, you are STUCK. You can't do anything.

I've seen problems getting browser based programs to work properly with browsers. And debugging that can be a PITA, cuz you get into the finger pointing.
  • "its not OUR problem, there must be something on your computer that is causing the failure."
  • "You MUST use browser Q, the program will not work properly with any other browser."
  • "You MUST use version n of program Y (a browser plug-in), it will NOT work with a newer version." But you have other programs that NEED to use the later version.
  • You CANNOT use the latest version of browser Z. Our program requires program X, which has not yet been ported to the latest version of browser Z.
Been there, done that.

WHERE is the library (where the working files are stored); on your PC, or their server?
Uploading a bunch of 20+MB files can be S . L . O . W.
When I upload for school, I edit the pics first, so the upload files are MUCH smaller, so the upload goes faster.
And still, I have to WAIT while it plods along at 6MB/sec, and sometimes only 3MB/sec. :(

And just how reliable is YOUR internet connection.
My ISP has often asked me to switch to their VOIP. My counter has been when I called them about a connection problem, "I could not call you about this problem, when the internet connection is down." Then silence from the guy trying to sell me VIOP.
And business level sometimes doesn't buy you much more. I was at a restaurant that used ATT, and the internet went down. ATT said they could come out the NEXT WEEK. :eek: This is for a business that does credit card transactions via a web interface. The owner had to connect via his cell phone.
Old fashioned POTS is a high bar to match.

Last edited:
I refuse to use web based programs, for anything important, or with a LOT of data.
If the internet is down or if you don't have internet connection, you are STUCK. You can't do anything.

I've seen problems getting browser based programs to work properly with browsers. And debugging that can be a PITA, cuz you get into the finger pointing.
  • "its not OUR problem, there must be something on your computer that is causing the failure."
  • "You MUST use browser Q, the program will not work properly with any other browser."
  • "You MUST use version n of program Y (a browser plug-in), it will NOT work with a newer version." But you have other programs that NEED to use the later version.
  • You CANNOT use the latest version of browser Z. Our program requires program X, which has not yet been ported to the latest version of browser Z.
Been there, done that.

WHERE is the library (where the working files are stored); on your PC, or their server?
Uploading a bunch of 20+MB files can be S . L . O . W.
When I upload for school, I edit the pics first, so the upload files are MUCH smaller, so the upload goes faster.
And still, I have to WAIT while it plods along at 6MB/sec, and sometimes only 3MB/sec. :(

And just how reliable is YOUR internet connection.
My ISP has often asked me to switch to their VOIP. My counter has been when I called them about a connection problem, "I could not call you about this problem, when the internet connection is down." Then silence from the guy trying to sell me VIOP.
And business level sometimes doesn't buy you much more. I was at a restaurant that used ATT, and the internet went down. ATT said they could come out the NEXT WEEK. :eek: This is for a business that does credit card transactions via a web interface. The owner had to connect via his cell phone.
Old fashioned POTS is a high bar to match.

HA
Just what I said yesterday.
I lost my internet connection ALL MORNING. It was down at least 4 hours.
Comcast/Xfinity called it a "scheduled maintenance." Yeah sure.

With a local editor, I could continue editing my images.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom