THIS is IMPRESSIVE service

I contacted Cameta at 9:55 AM on SATURDAY inquiring about whether my 85 2.8 PC had shipped, and if so, is there a tracking number.

They responded 29 minutes later with all the info I needed. This is service, and is IMPRESSIVE!

Hi Doug,

Thanks for contacting us. We are sorry that you did not receive the shipping confirmation E-mail we sent you on April 19th which was the day your package shipped. The UPS ground tracking # that was assigned to your package is 1Zxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (removed by Doug) and you can track your package on the UPS website @ www.ups.com

Please be aware that UPS may be recycling your tracking # so make sure that you click on the View Package Progress link on the UPS website when tracking your package. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Kind Regards,
cametaauctions

Turns out, it arrived to Knoxville at 8:15 Friday evening, so I now know it's on the truck for Monday delivery.

Awesome!

Hi Doug

It's nice to hear about good service. The other week my local camera shop leant me a P5000 and a D40 for a couple of days to try out for a present for my dad with no obligation to buy. With service like that, I'm happy to pay a little bit more than internet prices. I downloaded and printed the manuals so we didn't have to use the ones in the boxes, and also used my own charger leads, etc to cut down on opening things up. Anyway, my dad chose the P5000 and I'm thinking of the D40 as I never did get the D50 I posted about a while back ...

Cheers
Nick

R

Rick Waldroup

Doug, I have used Cameta off and on for about 5 years now and they really are good. I've never had a problem with them. I purchased a refurbished D2H from them several years ago and after about a year, really close to the warranty being up, I had problems with the exposure system. I called them and they told me to send it back and they would fix it. Instead, they just sent me another camera and I've never had another problem since.

Good to hear Rick. Another impressive story!

Oh, don't get me wrong, I had no basis for doubting their service, but when someone gives what I consider exemplary response, I like to recognize it so others know. 30 minute response time on the weekend from a company? Dang near almost unheard of! I've been left hanging so many times for days by people, fast response is a refreshing change to that!

I mean, yeah, it wasn't like they had to really do anything. But doing nothing but emailing you lightning fast can be reassuring to the customer.

Congrats Doug and Cameta...one less thing to have to be worried about. Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

Thanks Frank. We had another almost issue today, they did not include front and rear caps. Just a phone call, and she's calling Nikon to get them for me today. I didn't scream or nothing, I didn't have to. I just said oh, btw, I got no caps... She never doubted my truthfulness, just said we'll take care of it.

ha ha Paul, my ship has actually sailed, and is sinking fast. I just haven't stopped bailing water long enough to realize it. I shouldn't have, but I couldn't resist replacing my previously sold treasure when one became available. I sold my last one to help cover my 200VR. These are in short supply, so you get while the getting is good, I could not resist. I'd rather let my 85 1.4 go if I have to to cover this now, then re-buy a lens that can be replaced later.

It was a shot in the dark going to ebay and searching on 85 2.8 PC after GAYE brought this up in LL. (I should bill Gaye) lol.

Nice aquisition on your 200-400VR too!

Doug,
Your're going to love that lens. The color and quality is the best. I'm eager to play with it more. Right now trying to figure out about CS3 .. that's taking up my time. Keep us posted on your progress with the lens and post the pictures. I have found the back section of the manual helps me the most (the English parts :)))))

Latest threads

Top Bottom