This looks cool!!!

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by itsmike, Sep 18, 2008.

1. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY
    Ebay link!!!

Imagine getting caught with a big wind Gust and blowing away.. HAHAHA

2. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY
    I cant lie.. I'd try one..

3. Hmm...what kinds of shots would you use that for? At least it's not as weird looking as this.

4. Ryan, that clip was so funny, I couldn't quit laughing at that guy.

5. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    I'd think about it for night football!

6. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY
    Wow.. I like that one better! HAHAHA

7. PeterRH

PeterRH Guest

That's just brilliant, brilliant.

But you know what, if I had the bare-faced-cheek (amongst other things) to construct one of those and go down to Hyde Park (central London) and offer portraits, there would be a load of takers from the tourist bonanza down there.

Hmmmm..............:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008
  8. That guy is gonna get his a$$ kicked and camera taken. Sometimes ideas conceived when you're high should be left on the drawing boards.

9. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Nah, you're just jealous that you didn't think of that yourself. Two years from now we'll all be walking around like that :biggrin:

(melody of "stuck in the middle with you): "Speedlights to the left of me, Brollies to the right... here I am, shot in the middle with you..."

10. i guess that product just gets the 'if it works, it works' sort of modo. I mean, if you look at the majority of strobists (myself included) we do look pretty goofy alot of the time going to the craft store to buy and make things out of fun foam. In addition, I shot an old guy at a pool hall with my homemade ringflash and he thought it was some kind of futuristic weapon.

11. you need a permit to shoot in the royal parks, well if you're a tourist you get away with it but if doing anything professional you should apply for one (not that anyone has ever stopped and asked to see it!)

somehow I think turning up with that strapped to you might get you noticed :smile:

12. PeterRH

PeterRH Guest

Somehow I think turning up with that strapped to me would get me more than noticed :wink:

Think police vans, armed swat teams, and a crowd of people with signs proclaiming me to be the harbinger of alien invasion......

13. Bellanova

Bellanova

Sep 9, 2008
    Houston
    I own one of those Alzo flash brackets. It is nice. I like it. I only wish it was not so bulky. The construction quality is great. It is lite. Yet is could be a bit more sturdier.

I do love the telescoping arm for use with an umbrella. That is a big plus.

I paid about half of what they are going for now on ebay. It just goes to show how people sometimes over bid on items on ebay, and or the seller has someone else bidding them up.

But if you ask me, this is a good product.

14. AllenOwen

AllenOwen

Aug 14, 2008
    Houston,TX
    It kind of reminds me of this
    [​IMG]