This "macro" is quite a challenge

Ok, I can understand why there is no DOF even at f36. . anyway to get the entire little critter in focus?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I note that shutter at 400 will start to show a little "wing"
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on there has to be a bit out of focus so we can enjoy what is. Great shots. I saw a couple today but no chance, too windy.

thanks. . . I really don't know if it's possible to get anything that close completely in focus. . .but I am trying.
I have been trying focus-bracketing. Not successful yet, it requires resizing each shot and applying a mask for the in-focus parts on that layer. All kinds of work and CS3 keeps going belly-up as I add layers.

Having sait that, there is nothing really wrong with your shots. Very nice.

I've done it on a medium scale - flowers. I find it best to be strategic about where the individual images are focused. More or less to plan on what you will have to blend later.

I promised myself that I would "learn" how to take good images first and then stumble into creative processing. . .. what I am finding is, one never masters taking good images.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom