This "macro" is quite a challenge

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Gerald Plowman, May 2, 2007.

1. Ok, I can understand why there is no DOF even at f36. . anyway to get the entire little critter in focus?

[​IMG]
    I note that shutter at 400 will start to show a little "wing"
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2007
  2. Come on there has to be a bit out of focus so we can enjoy what is. Great shots. I saw a couple today but no chance, too windy.

3. thanks. . . I really don't know if it's possible to get anything that close completely in focus. . .but I am trying.

4. I have been trying focus-bracketing. Not successful yet, it requires resizing each shot and applying a mask for the in-focus parts on that layer. All kinds of work and CS3 keeps going belly-up as I add layers.

Having sait that, there is nothing really wrong with your shots. Very nice.

5. I've done it on a medium scale - flowers. I find it best to be strategic about where the individual images are focused. More or less to plan on what you will have to blend later.

6. I promised myself that I would "learn" how to take good images first and then stumble into creative processing. . .. what I am finding is, one never masters taking good images.