This month's birds

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jczinn, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Haven't really been shooting much this fall--been busy with other things, including painting our apartment and trying to make invent more space for all my junk! but in the last few weeks did manage to get a few birds in. Just a few common fall species... Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Janet,

You need to get out more often. These are excellent (as usual). :wink:

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Like em all but that last shot is super!!

4. Janet,
    All these are very nice! You even solved an ID issue for me on the sapsucker.
    Dave

5. Good to see you post some shots Janet. I really like the last one.

6. Very nice Janet I really do like these, I have come to enjoy shooting the little guys. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving

7. Birds

Hi Janet,

These are excellent, as always.. You always seem to find a variety of birds. Thanks for sharing.:smile:

8. Great birdies!! I am like {totally jealous} because the only time I ever managed to get a shot of a Hermit Thrush I was about a gazillion feet away with only a 70-200VR, so the Thrush in my photo occupies about 100x100 pixels out of the 12 MP I had available !!! LOL !!! It is identifiable, which is really sort of amazing, but just barely.
    I saw in the EXIF you were using 400mm, but were these cropped or were you able to get very close to the birds??

9. Thanks Andrea, I use the 80-400VR for all my bird shots. The thrush actually let me get fairly close, which was surprising, in all my years shooting birds I've never been able to get a decent shot of a thrush (of any variety, unless you count Robins!) because they are usually very skittish. But this one just hopped down at eye level maybe 15-20 feet away, so this is not very cropped!

The sapsucker is cropped a bit more, but he also was fairly cooperative, in fact totally absorbed with drilling for sap (note the sap flowing) and so I was right under him.

10. Thanks everyone for looking and commenting, i really must get out more, hopefully over this holiday weekend the weather will cooperate.

11. Hi Janet,

You do need to get out more! Those are super nice photos.

Bob